Respiratory Care Practioner II
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 13, 2021
This position facilitates and administers respiratory care,
including routine and complex procedures, using a wide variety of
techniques and equipment. Ensures care meets quality standards
established by the hospital, department and regulatory agencies and
maintains all skills and knowledge sufficient to provide safe,
effective, and developmentally appropriate care to all ages of
patients from neonate to adolescent. This position also
participates in executing quality improvement initiatives.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Safely performs various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
according to established standards, procedural guidelines, and
- Applies knowledge and understanding of the proper and safe use
of all Respiratory Care interventions and related equipment.
Successfully completes initial competency validations and ongoing
re-validations. Troubleshoots interventions and equipment as it
applies to various patient care situations.
- Interacts with and explains care modalities to patients,
families, and the health care team in an understandable manner
based on individual diversity and learning styles.
- Introduces oneself to the family, patient, and health care
team. Displays a positive customer relations attitude.
- Accurately and reliably interprets and communicates patient
- Consistently provides thorough patient clinical status reports
to applicable members of the health care team using effective
communication methods. Displays a level of inquiry and self
- Assesses patients clinical status, evaluates progress towards
goals, and recommends courses of action.
- Displays personal accountability to locate and follow policy,
procedure, and competency references. Makes recommendations based
on literature, best practices, and available evidence.
- Analyzes critical situations and applies appropriate judgment
and critical thinking for problem resolution.
- Communicates experiences, safety concerns, and improvement
opportunities to the appropriate personnel. Completes occurrence
reports as appropriate.
- Continuously improves and takes the initiative to develop
knowledge and skills through appropriate learning experiences and
- Attends educational offerings, departmental meetings, and stays
appraised of departmental and hospital communication. Personally
accountable for ongoing self development in advances related to
- Works effectively in a team-based environment especially during
stressful situations involving quickly changing priorities.
Displays appropriate leadership skills to instill trust and
- Intervenes appropriately in urgent and emergent situations.
Actively engaged in patient care planning with the health care
- Manages multiple priorities and applies effective time
management skills, using downtime for work related activities.
- Ensures timely and accurate patient care and billing
documentation. Communicates assignment changes in a timely fashion.
Maintains an acceptable level of productivity.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Phoenix , Respiratory Care Practioner II, Other , Laveen, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!