Warehouse Operations Manager
Company: Kuehne Nagel
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Kuehne + Nagel is looking for an Operations Manager to join our
team! If you have great leadership skills and thrive in a fast
paced and hands on environment, then this may be the role for
The Operations Manager is responsible for directing the daily
activities of the distribution operations, including labor
scheduling, supervision and the proper utilization of space,
equipment and manpower. Key responsibilities include: Staffing,
warehouse operations, maintenance of the KN Areas and equipment,
implementation of quality, safety, security, housekeeping and
sanitation programs, budgeting, P&L and customer service.
- Develop and direct programs to ensure the efficient and
cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility.
- Plan and schedule all logistics services including receiving,
inspection, storing, delivery, handling returned/damaged goods,
maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer
requirements are met in an efficient manner, and in compliance with
all applicable regulatory and quality standards.
- Plan long range labor needs based on sales forecasts and input
- Make recommendations to Business Manager on programs to improve
- Attend and when applicable host warehouse meetings.
- Interact with Business Manager and Warehouse Supervisor to
- Develop a space utilization plan to meet prescribed cost and
- Monitor the space layout plan to ensure it continues to meet
- Develop and implement an effective product locator system and
update as necessary.
- Direct the operations of the supervisor personnel to achieve
- Develop procedures to ensure the efficient operation and
utilization of all operating equipment.
- Develop, implement and direct programs to ensure the safety and
security of all personnel, equipment and property.
- Create and manage housekeeping program in warehouse.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory control.
- Assure that orders are picked and processed timely and within
prescribed quality and performance levels.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of reports regarding
- Budgeting development with Business Manager/corporate guidance
and support; P&L responsibility.
- Maintain employee awareness of and compliance to the Kuehne +
Nagel Quality, Safety & Health, Environment, and Security
- Management Systems, (QSHE).Maintain compliance to ISO 9001 and
AS 9100/9120 Quality Management Systems as applicable.
- Coordinate and assist with internal and external QMS,
Compliance, Customer and Operational audits.
- Ensure required training is provided to all employees in
support of the QMS according to the Training Matrix.
- Ensure the updating of Work Instructions and Job Aids in
support of the QMS.
- Ensure that discrepancies are documented using the appropriate
reporting systems (TIPs, eCATS, QN's)
- Interact and supply reporting as necessary with customer
Your Skills and Experiences
- Four years of management experience in a faced-paced logistics
- Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
- Proven proficiency in an automated warehouse environment,
working knowledge of WMS technologies.
- Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work
- Experience with aerospace industry standards and requirements a
- Experience with ISO 9001 and AS 9100/9120 Quality Management
Systems a plus.
- Successful communication - written and verbal.
- Establish priorities and multi-task.
- Possess professional business demeanor
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits
package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent
training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Keywords: Kuehne Nagel, Phoenix , Warehouse Operations Manager, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!