Neurodiagnostic Tech II
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 11, 2021
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist II, is a mid to upper-level
position in the Neurodiagnostic department. The Neurodiagnostic
Technologist II performs routine and complex EEGs procedures
independently according to facility policy and procedures; provides
findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility
policy and procedures; maintains patient safety during clinically
significant events, and other related duties. Communication skills
and team work are essential for this position. The Neurodiagnostic
Technologist II work under the clinical and technical supervision
of the Lead Neurodiagnostic Technologist and department
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs procedures appropriate to the competence and
credentials of a Neurodiagnsotic Technologist.
- Provides a safe recording environment.
- Establishes rapport with the patient and the patients family;
evaluates the patient, secures adequate history and physical
information for the reading physician.
- Performs patient assessment as related to care, such as
electrode fixation, product allergies, movement restrictions, and
cognitive function; knows and recognizes drug and physiological
status effects on activity monitored.
- Performs the EEG procedure according to the guidelines set
forth by the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ACNS).
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with patient and
health care staff to convey the purpose of the EEG and answer
questions regarding the procedure.
- Understands why and how to maintain correct electrode
connections; identifies and performs basic and intermediate
technical troubleshooting and artifact identification and
- Understands and follows concepts of digital equipment and
electrical safety within the EEG unit; has knowledge of alternate
montages, protocols, and alternate equipment settings and their
effects should they be applied.
- Is familiar with and able to perform basic and intermediate
equipment troubleshooting techniques to isolate equipment issues,
prevent loss of data, and maintain system operations throughout
- Maintains continuing education and competencies in EEG and
other credentialed modalities; Acquires new competencies relative
to industry standards in Electroneurodiagnostics for EEG and other
- Maintains continuing education requirements of ABRET for the
specialty/modality for which the employee is credentialed, by
reviewing literature and attending educational meetings for the
latest accepted practices and electrical safety relevant to
equipment and testing.
- Continuing education: cross-trains in other modalities; works
towards registry in other modalities.
- Participates in education and orientation of junior
technologists and EEG students.
- Assists students, interns, non-registered co-workers and novice
technologists in all aspects of performing Neurodiagnostic testing,
including measurements, medical history, monitor placement,
troubleshooting, instrumentation, stimulation techniques,
averaging, pattern recognition and instruction in any additional
areas as needed.
- Mentors, precepts, tutors, demonstrates techniques and general
instruction to new team members and junior technologists.
- Assists the lead department educator with student evaluations
and learns strategies for objectives, and provides regular
- Rotates as lead educational facilitator working with EEG
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Phoenix , Neurodiagnostic Tech II, Other , Laveen, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!