Company: Laveen Elementary School District
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Arizona Guidance Counselor Certification. Board Certified
Behavioral Analyst training preferred. Master's Degree with a major
in guidance and counseling or social work. Three years teaching
experience at the elementary level preferred. Licensed Professional
Counselor is preferred.
Principal/Director of Student Services
Provides individual and group counseling services to support
students' educational programs.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals
through records, tests, interviews, and professional
- Assesses academic, personal/social, and career strengths and
weaknesses for educational planning.
- Refers students for additional non-districted provided
- Assists individuals to understand and overcome social,
emotional, and behavioral issues.
- Reviews recent research to improve counseling techniques.
- Provides educational programs with students, teachers and
- Develops Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavior
Intervention Plans in conjunction with relevant school staff,
parents, and student.
- Identifies, assesses, and responds appropriately to students in
- Determines appropriate program(s) of study to meet specific
needs of all students.
- Provides instruction based on established objectives and
individual student needs.
- Motivates students to maximize their learning potential and
ensure that all students have successful experiences.
- Maintains confidential counseling records and documentation
separate from other school records.
- Attends staff and in-service meetings, workshops, and school
- Provides social, emotional, and behavioral health support to
students and personnel as part of the district Crisis Response
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions,
percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following
prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand complex, multi-step written and oral
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to
satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
recordkeeping principles; and office equipment/software.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations;
Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and
maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Edits work for spelling and
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence,
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain
confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Internet and District software, preferred accounting
used software and Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Publisher,
PowerPoint, and other appropriate technology software).
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- Monitor special system(s), not limited to, including security
and fire alarm systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some
stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant
fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's
functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting,
walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, full time, employee pay and benefits in accordance
with Board policy.
- FLSA: Exempt
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the
Keywords: Laveen Elementary School District, Phoenix , 2021-22 Counselor, Other , Laveen, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!