Company: The RealReal, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Ensures that photographs of product on form and table top, are
produced using still cameras and a variety of photographic
accessories by performing the following duties personally or
through supervised Photographers.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Selects and assembles equipment according to subject material,
anticipated conditions, and knowledge of function and limitations
of various types of cameras, lenses, and accessories
- Views subject and setting and plans composition, camera
position, and camera angle to produce desired effect
- Arranges subject material, poses subject, or maneuvers into
position to take a photo
- Estimates or measures light level or creates artificial
lighting with flash units, lights, and lighting equipment
- Adjusts lens aperture and shutter speed based on combination of
factors such as lighting, depth of field, subject motion, and film
- Determines subject-to-lens distance to adjust focus
- Positions camera and trips shutter
- Calculates variables such as exposure time, exposure interval,
filter effect, and color temperature.
- Makes adjustments to camera, lens, or equipment to compensate
for factors such as distorted perspective and parallax
- Correctly prioritize projects and move quickly from one task to
the next while still maintaining the highest quality.
- Shoot 150+ items per day and multi-task varying
- Directly supervises up to 10 employees on the Photography
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 2+ years photo experience working in ecommerce or
photography studio setting, as well as previous
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
experience with Mac OS and Canon cameras, as well as familiarity
with using tethered capture and Capture One Pro software.
The RealReal is the world's largest online marketplace for
authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million
members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by
experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for
consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of
in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who
inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we
give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous
categories-including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and
watches, art and home-in support of the circular economy. We make
selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup,
drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors,
including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to
determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items,
as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail
locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can
sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran
status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position
regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision. The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Keywords: The RealReal, Inc., Phoenix , Lead, Photography, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!