Data Engineering Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- 14-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 17 Gold Competencies
- 3,500 analytics professionals worldwide
- 1,000 data engineers
- Implemented analytics systems for more than 550 clients
- 400 AI practitioners
- 300 cognitive service experts
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy
to use? So do we.
You're a data designer who knows how to find, store and present
a range of information from different sources so that everyone can
access what they need quickly and simply, and use it
You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and
statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you're
comfortable looking after several projects at once. You're able to
make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more
junior team members.
About the Role:
As a Manager, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data
to the business. You design and set up projects that bring together
information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and
decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to
use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
How we support you:
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer
a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance
disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity
leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that
support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance,
professional development and paid Microsoft certification
Day-to-day, you will:
- Give colleagues and clients the tools to find and use data for
routine and non-routine analysis
- Use your sound eye for business to translate business
requirements into technical solutions
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures to
spot future opportunities
- Assess client needs to build bespoke data design services
- Build the building blocks for transforming enterprise data
- Design and build modern data pipelines, data streams, and data
service Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Craft the architectures, data warehouses and databases that
support access and Advanced Analytics, and bring them to life
through modern visualization tools
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring
- Be comfortable to make your own decisions and guide your
Translate business requirements to technical solutions
leveraging strong business acumen.
Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
Assess the performance of the team with the use of various
metrics and suggests best practices to improve the
Review or approve budget, time reports and project expenses, and
also to strategize the team's project and capacity.
Support the planning and implementation of data design services,
providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs
Manage deliverables and ensure the quality and timely output;
reports the timely and accurate status to the client
Identify the criticality of tasks, assesses the percentage
impacts and business risks and strives to improve the team
Lead the project planning and capacity planning associated
activities of the team.
Provide functional and technical expertise to integration teams
in the context of designing, developing and testing integration
- Manage and monitoring all application support processes and
day-to-day responsibilities of the application support teams.
Your skills and business experience include:
- Transforming business needs into technical solutions
- Mapping data and analytics
- Data profiling, cataloguing and mapping to enable the design
and build of technical data flows
- Use proven methods to solve business problems using Azure Data
and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines,
data streams and system integration
- Knowledge of multiple Azure data applications including Azure
- Experience in preparing data for and building pipelines and
Key Role Skill & Requirements
Your technical and non-technical skills include:
Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics
Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for
technical design and construction of technical data flows.
Experience of at least one software development methodology.
Knowledge of Microsoft Data and Analytics technologies
At least five years of experience in managing teams, as well as
large-scale and complex programs and projects
Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote
- You likely have about 5+ years of relevant professional
experience and 3+ years managing and leading in management
consulting or industry.
You probably have a Bachelors or Master's degree in a
quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics,
statistics or machine learning - or an equivalent combination of
education and experience. You're likely to be a Microsoft Certified
Solutions Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, and/or
Database Administrator already, and you have been in a similar
professional position for around five to seven years.
Keywords: Avanade, Phoenix , Data Engineering Manager, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!