Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2019
revenues of $2.9 billion, provides specialized and sustainable
material solutions that transform customer challenges into
opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world.
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality
of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through
high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional
materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel
efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve
the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified
ACC Responsible Care and a founding member of the Alliance to End
Plastic Waste. For more information, visit www.avient.com
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our
associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women,
HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal
development. We also provide our associates with robust development
programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various
leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of
ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs,
casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are
committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives
us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In
support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all
qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions
on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are
based solely on a person's qualifications, abilities, experience
No waiting period for medical benefits or 401(k). Paid vacation
and holidays. Opportunities for advancement.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing
maintenance assignments to build, repair and/or maintain all
equipment in good operating condition as quickly and accurately as
possible; while keeping associated costs to a minimum to help meet
Plant goals. The Maintenance Technician is expected to be
multi-skilled and able to contribute to plant maintenance
activities in a variety of craft disciplines.
This role will pay the following retention bonuses:
$500 on your first paycheck
$1000 at 90 days employed
- Completes projects with minimal guidance showing a proactive
attitude to minimizing equipment down time and lost production
- Troubleshoots mechanical devices in operation. Dismantles and
examines devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
Adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Sets up and operates shop machinery such as lathe, drill
press-grinders, band saws, cutting torch, welder. etc. Uses hand
tools and pneumatic tools to modify or repair parts and
- Installs new or repairs/modifies hydraulic and pneumatic
equipment as needed.
- Improves reliability and uptime of all equipment. Takes a
proactive approach to equipment issues with a preventive
- Operates forklift and hydraulic working platform as
- Researches supplies, parts and tools needed to complete work
- Assists in identifying and maintaining an accurate inventory of
- Contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such
as records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, PM
- Supports the vision, mission and guiding principles of the
- Follows applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and
guidelines while performing job duties.
- Maintains departmental housekeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Technical School Degree or Equivalent
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (i.e. constant use
of protective gear).
- 5 years - Process Improvements, Problem Solving Techniques, PLC
Troubleshooting and Repairs, Mechanical, Maintenance, Industrial
Operations and Electrical.
- Must be self-motivated and have organizational skills.
- Time/Priority Management skills a must.
- Must have Microsoft Office skills (word, excel, outlook)
- Knowledge of SAP
- The employee must be able to read at a level of comprehension
sufficient to meet job requirements.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required.
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a
Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on
Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of
the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior
that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current
roles, while supporting individual and career development.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed to:
- Marked changes in temperature and humidity
- Dust, fumes and/or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Be aware that in this position you will be working with powdered
colorants and more times than not, you will be grimy and dirty at
the end of the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach
with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
and use foot/feet to operate machine. The employee is occasionally
required to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 55 pounds and frequently move more than 250
pounds with equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires the use of
safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety
glasses and shoes, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield,
hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. Work is
inside and the typical noise level is loud. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat,
and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed
to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and
explosives. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to
vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal
opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in
providing equal employment to all qualified employees and
candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability,
genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally
protected classification in accordance with applicable federal,
state and local law.