The Staff Accountant assists the Assistant Controller in the
daily operations of the Accounting Department by performing the
following duties in accordance with the company policies and
- Assists with preparing monthly reconciliation for all accounts
including bank reconciliations and documentation
- Compiles, reviews, and submits sales commissions to
manager/sales for approval
- Completes ACH Daily Transactions
- Records and codes incoming checks
- Updates advertising spreadsheet
- Assists General Manager and Department Managers with requests
- Reviews schedules on a regular basis and makes necessary
- Prepares weekly and monthly analysis reports for Controller and
- Ensure the dealership is in compliance with state and federal
- Prepares financial statements
- Maintains a professional appearance and neat work area in
accordance with company policy
- Understands and follows work rules and procedures
- Follows lawful directions from supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality
policies and agreements
- Attends company meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice
The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified
workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category
protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment
decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Detail oriented
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills.
- Time Management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills and works well in a team
- Knowledge of accounting tasks.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Light Work- lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time and/or
frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10
This position requires sitting for prolonged periods of time and
from time to time may involve standing and walking
This position requires the ability to push, pull, stoop, kneel,
This position involves repetitive motion--primarily typing
- This position requires the ability to talk and hear
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Standard Business Hours with ability to work nights, weekends
and holidays as required
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. BA or Associates Degree a
Two-three years accounting experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
BA or Associate's Degree in business, finance or accounting
Additional Eligibility Qualifications