Respiratory Care Practitioner RRT VVMC
Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position applies fundamental techniques of respiratory
therapy to patients in a variety of health care settings. Able to
perform basic respiratory care procedures on newborns, pediatrics
Patient Care* Performs ABG punctures according to NAH
- Provides proper concentration of pharmacological solutions and
administers appropriately as prescribed by MD or licensed
independent practitioner and monitors for effectiveness.
- Records patient vital signs including breath sounds, ventilator
status, mental status, and response to treatment.
- Identifies patient and verifies orders before administration of
any treatment or respiratory care to patient.
- Sets ventilator parameters according to established patient
protocol and doctors' orders.
- Performs/assists in the placing of E.T. tube properly,
minimizing facial, oral, and tracheal trauma.
Equipment Care* Assembles and disassembles, operates and
maintains, troubleshoots, cleans, and performs minor repairs on
- Educates patients on therapy's and prescribed
medications/therapy given prior to discharge while documenting
Administrative* Completes all billing paperwork.
- Demonstrates timely and accurate documentation of assessments,
interventions, EMR entries, and patient responses.
Compliance/Safety* Responsible for reporting any safety related
incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends
all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe
manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and
ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
- Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting
patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental
policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective
- If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees
area of responsibility.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job
specific training in the specified time frame.
Respiratory Care Practitioner- RRTAssociates Degree from an AMA
Respiratory Therapy Program- Required
Certification and Licensure
Respiratory Care Practitioner- RRTLicensed by the Arizona Board
of Respiratory Care Examiners- RequiredNational Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC), Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)-
RequiredBLS- RequiredACLS, PALS, and NRP- Required within 90 days
New graduate of AMA approved respiratory school or1 year of
experience - Preferred
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Phoenix , Respiratory Care Practitioner RRT VVMC, Other , Cottonwood, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!