Spv Electrical Maintenance
Company: Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with
headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived,
geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable
reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic
portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper
industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world's largest publicly
traded copper producers, the world's largest producer of molybdenum
and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful
history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial
strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our
employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the
opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Under general supervision, supervises, coordinates and controls
the safe and efficient operation of an assigned work unit.
- Assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff for assigned
- Implement production plans according to approved schedule.
- May participate in the full range of daily operational duties,
performing the most difficult.
- Inspects and evaluates work in progress, identifies any problem
areas, and may direct remedial action.
- Conducts performance evaluations on subordinate staff.
- Prepares estimates of the staffing, materials, and equipment
requirements for projected work activities.
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials. Approves
purchases of materials and equipment; maintains time, materials and
equipment use reports. Requisitions tools, supplies, materials and
- Trains staff in safety procedures. Maintains safety data sheets
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED and five years of related
operational experience, including supervisory or lead experience,
- Bachelor's degree in a technical mining related discipline with
at least one summer internship experience (or equivalent) working
in mining or industrial environment, including supervisory or lead
- Milling and Conveyor operational experience
- Familiar with SAP program
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and
safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job
assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful
- Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may
include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving
mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals,
explosives, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity,
climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects
(up to 30 pounds) during the course of the workday
- May be required to work rotating shifts in a 24/7/365
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work
in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including
hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and
as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing,
gloves and any othe prrotective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment
through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and
on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable State
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and
operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require
employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct
threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these
tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the
following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted
access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees
who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard
Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment,
machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the
essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor
vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose
"motor vehicles" includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles
and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of
Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety
sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description
and which upon further review continue to be designated as
safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the
actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold Inc., Phoenix , Spv Electrical Maintenance, Other , Bagdad, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!