Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Location: Fountain Hills
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including
maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with
particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
Assists department head in managing the budget, capital expenditure
projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the
emergency response team for all facility issues.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years' experience in the
engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical
training in HVAC-R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and
Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years'
experience in the engineering and maintenance or related
professional area; technical training in
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment,
refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness,
efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies,
standards and procedures.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed
- Selects and orders or purchase new equipment, supplies, and
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of facilities to
determine the type of work required.
- Recommends or arranges for additional services such as
painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of
furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating
preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying
excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives,
awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with
the appropriate skills.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new
associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
- Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to
receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform
- Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental
expectations and parameters.
- Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
- Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate
time and attendance.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and
consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are
completed according to policy.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback
- Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all
- Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy,
and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address
associate problems or concerns.
- Participates in associate progressive discipline
- Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Phoenix , Chief Engineer, Other , Fountain Hills, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!