Emergency Technician 2 VVMC
Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Emergency Technician 1 2 and 3, under the supervision of the
Director and/or Manager is responsible for preparing supplies and
equipment using appropriate techniques. The Emergency Technician
provides technical services as assigned and/or directed and assists
with procedures (within scope of practice). S/he assists and/or
performs patient procedures on all of the following age groups:
neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric within the
scope of their unit specific skills summation. Pharmacists have
oversight responsibility when non-licensed staff handles
non-controlled medications as demonstrated by competency. The
Emergency Technician provides care that is consistent overall from
patient admission to post discharge.
- Provides technical services, assists with procedures, and
assists with departmental operations as assigned and/or
- Performs EKGs, Phlebotomy, IV starts/therapy, splints, and
wound care as needed.
- Performs assessments of the environment focused around
patients, visitors, and staff in assigned area.
- Prepares supplies and equipment for ongoing patient care.
- Provides hourly rounding with toiletry and intake documentation
Reporting and Documentation * Assess and reports any unusual
findings to RN and/or Dr, with appropriate documentation.
- Implement clinical corrective actions within scope, and
appropriately document in the EMR.
Communication * Transcribes and communicates providers orders as
- Participates in discharge planning and patient education.
Compliance/Safety * Stays current and complies with state and
federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the
employees area of responsibility.
- Ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and
valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required job
specific training in the specified time frame.
- Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a
timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety
related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors
work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are
also performing work in a safe manner.
- High School Diploma or GED- Required
Certification & Licensures
- Arizona Certified Emergency Medical Technician- Required
- BLS (American Heart Association)- Required
- Previous Emergency Department experience- Preferred.
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Phoenix , Emergency Technician 2 VVMC, Other , Cottonwood, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!