Market Land Development Manager
Company: American Homes 4 Rent
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management
companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has
an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a
well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the
industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4
Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates.
With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative
collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our
The Market Land Development Manager is responsible for the
development of residential building lots through all aspects and
phases of development, including but not limited to: design,
budgeting, permitting, scheduling, on-site development, vendor
management and garnering necessary municipal permits and
- Establish, manage, and maintain accurate development schedules
and budgets; Manage and communicate projected vs. actual budget
reconciliation and cash flow projections to included development
reimbursements releases; Proactively work to resolve issues and
potential issues to keep development projects on-time and
- Select and manage trade partners to execute development work to
- Partner with sub-contractors to prepare and process bid
packages, contracts, change orders, check requests invoices and
bonds as necessary.
- Partner with Land Acquisition team in building accurate
development budgets for new land deals to be acquired; Assist Land
Acquisition team in gaining municipal approvals, identifying
easements and overcoming obstacles to securing new land deals.
- Travel between job sites in market to inspect progress,
problem-solve and validate work.
- Communicate to vendors to provide both performance feedback and
- Communicate to teammates and executive leadership with status
updates on development activity/progress.
- Secure final tract/plat acceptance by governing municipalities
and agencies and ensures that all work follows City, County,
Special Districts guidelines and codes.
- Actively supports and participates in the safety program, both
for self-protection and the protection of other employees, by
reading and abiding by all requirements in the Injury and Illness
Prevention Program (I2P2).
- Bachelor's degree preferred, HS diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years in Land development design and/or land
- Possess working knowledge of Air Quality Regulations and Storm
water management (SWPPP) protocols
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and
bidding take-off software.
- Experience with CAD a plus.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong staffing, development and appraisal skills
- Excellent project management, organizational and math
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
Work where you feel right at home
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a
concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we
want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Information regarding AH4R's collection and use of your personal
information can be found at https://www.ah4r.com/privacy
Horizontal development manager, horizontal construction, land
development director, moving dirt, develop land, land construction,
land development construction, developing land, home-building,
residential development, real estate development, #LI-DT1
Keywords: American Homes 4 Rent, Phoenix , Market Land Development Manager, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!