Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Tumor Registrar analyzes registry data and disseminates
information working within the Tumor Registry Data System. S/he
serves as a resource for the NAH Tumor Board, Breast Cancer
committees, and other related committees, as well as serving as a
liaison between Northern Arizona Healthcare and the Arizona Cancer
Administrative* Maintains knowledge of registry software and
- Identifies, registers, abstracts and maintains cancer patient
records in the registry data system.
- Analyzes registry data.
- Demonstrates ability to review and understand changes in the
- Prepares statistical reports and cancer trends.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medical Terminology, Anatomy and
- Demonstrates ability to develop care files.
- Interprets manuals (AJCC, SEER, Commission of Cancer Standards
- Facilitates statistical reports and cancer trends.Event
Participation and Coordination* Participates in Cancer Center
sponsored community health screenings and events.
- Coordinates meetings for Tumor Board, Breast Cancer Conferences
and other Cancer Committees.Compliance/Safety* Responsible for
reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through
the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs;
performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for
possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work
in a safe manner.
- Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the
employee's area of responsibility.
- If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
- Completes all company mandatory modules and required
job-specific training in the specified time frame.
Associate's Degree- Required
Certification & LicensuresCurrent CTR Certification- Required
within 12 months of hire (If not certified individual must meet
eligibility as stated by NCRA)
Individuals employed for follow-up work only are not required to
be a CTR
ExperienceMinimum 3 years Tumor Registry experience-
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is
integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and
other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and
throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding
of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Phoenix , Tumor Registrar, Other , Sedona, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!