General Maintenance (Event)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Home to the 2020 NASCAR Championship Weekend, Phoenix Raceway
has been the premier motorsports venue in the Southwest since 1964
and hosts two NASCAR race weekends each year. In March, the
FanShield 500 Speed Fest Weekend kicks off the race season at
Phoenix Raceway, featuring the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR Xfinity
Series and the new addition of the ARCA Menards Series. For the
first time in the history of the sport, Phoenix Raceway will host
the NASCAR Championship Weekend in 2020. Over the three day event
in November, champions will be crowned in the NASCAR Cup Series,
NASCAR Xfinity Series, NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series and
the ARCA Menards Series West. Phoenix Raceway also hosts a variety
of events throughout the year, including corporate meetings and
conferences, charity events, holiday events, sport and endurance
competitions, driving schools and Segway tours.
Perform a variety of duties necessary to maintain all aspects of
the track facility with special emphasis on event preparation,
track rentals and on-site activities.
- Operate equipment of all types (tractor, dirt compactor,
backhoe, water truck, power/hand tools, fork lift, dump truck
sweeper) as directed by Manager of Facility Operations and maintain
equipment as necessary to meet goals and objectives of
- Communicate, manage, and work directly with track vendors and
- Operate equipment of all types as directed by Manager of
Facility Operations, and maintain equipment as necessary to meet
goals and objectives of facility.
- Hang and dismantle signage, banners, etc., as needed.
- Dig ditches with shovel, trencher and or backhoe.
- Maintain landscaped areas as required to achieve desired
results in overall appearance of facility.
- Clean grounds, including but not limited to, removal of trash
and litter, year-round.
- Repair tools, water lines, fences, gates, walls, walkways,
buildings and perform necessary general maintenance as directed by
Manager of Facility Operations.
- Paint track wall, fences, concrete barriers, grounds and
buildings utilizing ladders, lifts and scaffolding as directed by
Manager of Facility Operations.
- Positive interaction with other facilities staff to ensure the
best case scenario for accomplishing respective tasks.
- Willingness to accept direction in diverse circumstances and
the ability to adapt manual skill level to a variety of work areas
and see a job through to completion in a satisfactory manner with
- Minimum age 18 years old.
- High School Graduate/GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Successfully pass a driving record check. (Preferred, not
Work Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work performed in environments with a wide range of temperature
and weather conditions (extreme heat/cold).
- Work requires extended periods of standing and walking.
- Frequently lifting and carrying objects up to 25 lbs. and
occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing (extension ladders, stairs, and ramps, in and out of
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at
www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your
experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy
environment in which our employees thrive and where you can
prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we
offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused
on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both
personally and professionally. It won't take you long to find out
that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment
where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal
Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best
qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender,
gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability,
religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy,
veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law
except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our
Keywords: NASCAR, Phoenix , General Maintenance (Event), Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!