BIM/VDC Designer IV
Company: TDIndustries, Ltd.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
A BIM/VDC Designer IV at TDIndustries, prepares and maintains
detailed design drawings, schematics or specifications typically
using computer-aided design software. You will work closely with
design originators (e.g., engineers, designers) to resolve design
details or discrepancies or to prepare drawings of unusual, complex
or original designs which require a high degree of precision using
computer-aided drafting (CAD) or computer-aided engineering (CAE)
equipment. Our Designer, creates, modifies and controls detailed
two- and three-dimensional parts and assembly drawings from
engineers' and technicians' sketches, plans and written and verbal
instructions, as well as, develops and maintains drafting standards
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of
America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services
companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a
facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and
maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided
innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class
mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities,
hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and
industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart of our
success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE
Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to
Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to
Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and
professional development of each employee.
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings for
manufacturing using CADD and AutoCAD systems for a variety of large
complex commercial and industrial construction projects.
- Provides input on long-range planning trade coordination in
terms of capabilities, manpower, budgets and objectives.
- Delivers onsite support for field personnel, when needed, and
interfaces with other team leaders, the group managers, project
managers, the shop fabrication managers and field supervisors.
Coordinates overall schedules, including BIM logs, with department
managers, project managers, shop supervision and field
- Reviews engineering and contractual documents and coordinates
the architectural and structural documents with other members of
the project team to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Reviews equipment submittal documents for accuracy and
- Coordinates draft construction drawings with other trades to
ensure routings and clearances are understood and no obstructions
- Provides input on department strategies, goals and
- Makes final checks and reviews trade drawings prior to
- Provides completed and complex construction drawings to the
shop for parts manufacturing and to job site management to use in
the construction and installation of material and equipment.
- Reviews work from coordinators assigned to the project for
timely completion and drawing quality.
- Monitors work in progress and reviews completed work to ensure
compliance with department standards and ensures a high standard of
- Serves as technical subject matter expert.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff
within their respective trade to ensure that they understand how to
go about the completion of the research and layout work necessary
to complete fabrication or installation drawings. Ensures the team
is updated and using the current contract documents and
- Reviews contractual documents and construction drawings for
apparent conflicts with architectural and structural documents and
ensures compliance with local code requirements.
- Identifies each of the issues that surfaces during the review,
and brings it to the attention of the project management for
clarification and resolution through the Request For Information
- Manages document control during the detailing process and
interprets various discrepancies and conflicts within the
- Approves Requests for Information (RFI's) and provides input
for Coordination Change Orders (CCO's) for delivery to project
- Monitors cost and schedule throughout the project in order to
keep the coordination effort as closely aligned with the project
estimate as possible.
- Advises appropriate project management staff of any potential
overruns including work required or requested for the project which
is outside of the baseline scope of work.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant BIM/VDC experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Construction
Engineering, Construction Science or related field is
- Should have basic understanding of current design software such
as AutoDesk, Revit, Stratus, & Navisworks.
- Working knowledge of drawing production and standard
construction techniques and principles.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, delegate and control the
Keywords: TDIndustries, Ltd., Phoenix , BIM/VDC Designer IV, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!