NPH Warehouse Lead
Company: Johnstone Supply, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you someone who believes in going the extra mile? Are you
Customer-Centric? Do you want a career with a company that
encourages you to learn and grow as an individual? Do you take the
lead to do your work better and more efficient? Are you looking for
meaningful Work/Life Balance with a company? If so, then we invite
you to come work with us at Johnstone Supply!
Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale supplier to the heating,
air conditioning, and refrigeration industry. We pride ourselves on
our customer service, technical support and professionalism to the
trade. We are a privately owned and part of the largest wholesale
cooperative in the nation and provide approximately 75,000 parts
including the latest technology in HVAC/R equipment and motors. The
cooperative has over 400 stores nationwide and sales of over $2.3
billion with six major distribution centers strategically located
throughout the country. We are known for our exceptional service
and our employees are known for their technical knowledge. We have
5 branches located in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area and have an
immediate opening in our North Phoenix branch due to company
expansion and market demand. We are seeking well qualified,
enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of
customer satisfaction and to help continue to grow our
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Directs others and participates in all warehouse operations;
exceeding expectations for productivity, daily workflow, product
availability and accuracy.
- Identify the proper routing, loading and preparing of orders
for shipment and delivery in accordance with customer
- Assist in managing the delivery routes for drivers with the
goal of planning efficient and cost-effective scheduling and
routing of trucks.
- Proficiently use, and train staff, on required technologies.
Including RF Scanner guns, shipping programs, and office
- Quickly and accurately receives, processes and stores incoming
- Check incoming delivery contents against packing list to verify
accurate and full delivery.
- Follow procedures regarding damaged materials due to shipping,
handling, and/or storage.
- Ensure that shipments are inspected and damages or shortages
are noted on trucking company delivery document. Initiate freight
claim procedures when necessary.
- Verify vendor part number and Johnstone stock number for all
incoming products. Determine proper location of incoming products.
Store incoming products in proper location according to bin number
or product sequence.
- Select products from inventory to fill customer orders.
- Prepare, pack, scan (as appropriate), and stage products for
inter-store transfer and customer pick-up and delivery in
accordance with established standards (e.g. hazardous materials).
Ensure that packaging is sufficient to avoid damage.
- Processes documentation necessary to ship inter-store transfers
and customer orders, including bills of lading, packing lists,
small parcel manifests and other necessary documents.
- Prepare truck for operation by assisting in and overseeing the
loading of trucks, securing of items and verifying the accuracy of
- Perform vehicle safety checks before driving. Inspect truck
tires, lights, brakes, fluids, etc. to ensure safe and
cost-effective performance with preventive maintenance in
- May drive delivery truck or van to transport items to other
stores or customer locations. Maintains driver's license and clean
- Adhere to all safety procedures including defensive driving
techniques, when making deliveries.
- Operate Company vehicles in a safe manner following all traffic
laws and regulations. Report any accidents or injuries to Asset
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, standards and
business ethics codes.
- Maintain a professional attitude and personal appearance.
- Maintain professional communications when interacting with
customers and coworkers. Treat all customers and coworkers with a
helpful and courteous attitude.
- Ensure safety by maintaining cleanliness of warehouse. Ensure
that aisles are free of potential hazards. Report unsafe conditions
- Operate hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, order pickers,
and other equipment safely and in accordance with organizational
procedures. Follow all safety procedures. Monitor equipment and
promptly report any safety or maintenance concerns to
- Always wears protective equipment according to company policies
and procedures. Accesses Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as
needed and when appropriate.
- Maintains required hazardous materials, forklift, and other
internal and external certifications.
- Follow all established policy and safety guidelines in a
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- May work Saturdays as needed, alternating with other staff,
depending on the business needs.
- High School Diploma / GED required OR equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Clean driving record
- Will need to provide a copy of MVR
- Pass a background check
- Experience driving a forklift
- 2 years experience in warehouse operations in a wholesale
- Supervisory experience or having an active lead role in a
- Experience with computer or barcode driven inventory management
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge and skill in the use
of inventory management systems and office software (e.g. Email
programs, Internet browsers).
- Knowledge of logistics, including carriers, shipping policies
- Basic math skills sufficient to manage inventory, including
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. As well as some
business math (compute rate, ratio, etc.).
- Ability to use computer systems and manual procedures for
organizing and identifying products and communicating with
- Adequate physical strength and stamina to repeatedly lift,
carry, move, and set down up to 75 pounds.
- Skill in operation of heavy equipment, including delivery
vehicles, forklift, pallet jack, and order picker.
- Accuracy and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to read a map and accurately plan a route for effective
- Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) rules
- Understands basic inventory, warehousing and stocking
- Effective team player with good communication skills that is
proactive, positive, conscientious, organized and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and enjoy working
in a fast-paced environment
We offer an attractive benefit package including 100% employer
paid medical, dental, and vision for our full-time employees.
Voluntary benefits such as disability, legal and identity
protections, cancer, accident, and additional life coverages are
available. We have paid holidays and flexible PTO. Along with an
employer sponsored 401k, with 100% matching, up to 4%.
Offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory reference
checks and pre-employment qualifications - including reference and
criminal background check screenings.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.
Keywords: Johnstone Supply, Inc, Phoenix , NPH Warehouse Lead, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!