Payroll Accounting Associate (Flagstaff Location)
Company: Xanterra Parks & Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager; the Payroll Clerk
is responsible for assisting with the timely and accurate
processing of all payroll activities for the Arizona Region
properties: Grand Canyon Railway, Grand Canyon South Rim, The Grand
Hotel and Tusayan Trading Post.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Control and monitor confidential employee payroll
- Set up and maintain employee payroll files for new hires,
rehires, and transferred employees. File employee documents in
employee files as required. Purge files as needed and according to
policy upon termination.
- Maintain pay period ending file folders and file all required
documents by end of processing cycles.
- File and maintain all Lawson system generated reports as
required by corporate guidelines.
- Control returned payroll checks; reissue or stale date checks
according to policy; log all returned checks as well as subsequent
- Setup and maintain direct deposit accounts when received.
- Perform the bi-weekly and pay period end payroll processing
tasks accurately and timely. Complete the payroll processing
checklist throughout the pay period, sign, date, and submit to
Accounting Manager at end of payroll processing cycles.
- Add all deductions (housing, uniforms, meals, etc.), payroll
corrections, and benefit hours into the payroll systems (Kronos
- Process all COS/PAN forms timely and accurately for the South
Rim and Tusayan Trading Post.
- Enter batches for GCR, GCSR, TTP, and The Grand Hotel as needed
during payroll processing.
- Calculate and prepare any retroactive pay or rate changes due
- Process terminated employees' paperwork; remove terminated
employees from Kronos.
- Complete the Kronos time-keeping system upload to Lawson timely
and accurately for Tusayan Trading Post.
- Complete the PM140 download/balancing for Tusayan Trading
- Process incoming mail from the South Rim.
- Process manual checks for employees when approved and
- Assist with the distribution of employee W-2s.
- Ensure timely uploading and editing of tips received from
operating departments and accounting.
- Review the upload file and enter any wage adjustments to help
ensure all servers are paid minimum wage.
- Turn off Fica/Medicare for international employees.
- Assist with sorting/distributing of the bi-weekly
- Keep track of salaried exempt employee time sheets; compare to
current listing to ensure all are received.
- Assist with research and answering of employees' and managers'
- Coordinate with the human resources departments on topics that
require their knowledge and assistance.
- Box up and request record retention labels according to company
policy. Participate in record retention activities - moving boxes,
inventories, disposals, etc.
- Work area/desk must be kept neat and clean.
- Create, maintain and revise the payroll desk policy and
procedures manual as needed.
- As needed, be an active participant in annual retail
inventories for the Arizona region properties.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring compliance with all
Accounting policies & procedures.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all Xanterra
and Grand Canyon Railway hospitality standards, procedures and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years prior payroll experience preferred.
- Must have previous computer experience with a working knowledge
of Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have a good working knowledge of windows based software
programs to be able to communicate effectively via email (Outlook)
and for tracking and reconciling applicable reports (Excel).
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to
maintain flexibility in carrying out daily job duties, organizing
and managing multiple priorities and tasks while interacting with a
- Must possess good communication skills to effectively motivate
staff to the expected Xanterra standard of excellence in guest
- Must be able to establish and maintain an effective
professional working relationship with co-workers, Accounting
Manager, Assistant Controller and Regional Controller; and other
departments; working together in a positive work environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to
read, write, and speak English; communicate professionally,
effectively and clearly face-to-face, and in written communication
with all levels of the organization, leadership and with the
Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller and Regional
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
As a Xanterra/GCR employee, you have a responsibility to protect
the environment. While on duty, you are to comply with all
environmental regulations and policies, prevent pollution of the
environment, reduce waste, reuse and recycle.
This position is not issued a uniform. Business casual wear
should be worn while on duty. Blue jeans, in clean and good order,
are approved on Fridays and any holiday worked.
The position shall follow the appearance standards as outlined
in the Xanterra/GCR Employees Handbook and departmental
This position requires frequent standing, sitting, handling,
reaching outward, bending, lift/carry up to 50lbs, and push/pull up
to 25lbs. This position requires occasional walking, reaching above
shoulder, and squat/kneel.
Xanterra Parks & Resorts Grand Canyon Railway (GCR) "We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer,
Keywords: Xanterra Parks & Resorts, Phoenix , Payroll Accounting Associate (Flagstaff Location), Other , Williams, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!