People Business Partner Director
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor's mission is to empower everyone with
the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process
is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end
customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple,
certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse
backgrounds to support the 85,000 customers who have selected us as
a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial
transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow
in new markets.Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity
and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a
tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their
lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into
a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you're passionate
about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we
have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix
About the role:
Our People team is looking for an experienced and innovative HR
leader to lead a small team of People Partners who support our
growing technical and engineering teams. You will partner with
senior leaders across Engineering to develop and deliver our team's
initiatives - driving business results and an exceptional employee
experience. The role can be based out of San Francisco, CA or
We're looking for teammates who are/have:
- Strategic leader with proven ability to connect dots and
influence strategic thinking
- Reliable in program delivery, sound judgement and ability to
execute in a fast paced environment
- Authentic with impeccable integrity, whose personal and
professional values are consistent with Opendoor's values and
- A builder: someone who can produce results, with a laser focus
on critical business issues and the ability to anticipate
- Ability to quickly build trust and communicate effectively
across all levels of the organization, knowing appropriate variance
in communication style as needed.
- Collaborative style: someone who prioritizes the interests of
the broader team
- A confident and well-prepared leader with the courage to do
what it takes to get initiatives built and adopted.
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and complexity.
- A well cultivated critical thinker who can work at an
accelerated pace with a metrics-driven approach to all solutions;
able to evolve at the pace of technological advancements and trends
shaping the industry.
- Inspirational coach, leader, colleague and culture champion
within the company with expertise in serving technical engineering
- Team oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve
buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing
"win-win" solutions across a matrix management organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to
partner and build relationships with executive leadership, managers
and all levels of coworkers.
- High degree of resilience and tenacity to drive change.
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner experience in roles of
progressively increasing scope and in matrixed, high-growth
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy
executive-level interface and a high degree of executive
- Significant depth in organizational design & learning, people
manager development, facilitation, and Employee Relations is
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business
Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a
preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the
home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our
website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our
culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about
the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for
dependentsFlexible vacation policyEducational budget to invest in
your career development and growthFitness/Commuter Benefit
stipendGenerous parental leavePaid time off to volunteerPlease note
that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team
members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that
being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better.
Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without
regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected
status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Keywords: Opendoor, Phoenix , People Business Partner Director, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!