Sr. Systems Engineer
Company: Phoenix Staff, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Title: Sr. Systems EngineerLocation: Phoenix, AZIn this role,
you will manage Office 365 services, data center servers, and
network connections to ensure the supported business applications'
high availability and security. You will also participate in the
planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure
system provisioning and maintenance consistent with company goals,
industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.Your role:
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the
development of long-term strategic goals for the enterprise
messaging and collaboration environment to include Exchange 2010,
2016, Exchange Online, Skype for Business, and Teams in conjunction
with end-users and department managers.
- Coordinate with the network operations team, business
application owners, and database administrators to implement
desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to
meet corporate objectives.
- Deploy servers, printers, scanners, messaging firewalls,
encryption systems, and all host security systems.
- You will be the main point of contact for anything related to
Office 365 administration. Resolves assigned cases, change
requests, and acts as an escalation for support issues.
- Provide advice and training to peers on various Office 365
- Write and maintain custom scripts (PowerShell) to remediate
issues and automate tasks.
- Ability to think on your feet and take a methodical approach to
- Problem-solving skills including identification of issues,
obstacles and opportunities and development and implementation of
- Lead all email migration projects of On-prem, company
acquisitions and Cloud based solutions to Exchange Online.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance of all
- Deliver consistent processes and documentation for incident and
problem escalation along with a swift resolution of any
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Email Services (Exchange
Online) and Office Applications (Office 365).
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on
workstations, servers, and data transfer in accordance with
business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy,
security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve
hardware and software problems on servers and workstations. Engage
associated teams as necessary.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware
improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and
associated training plans for system administration and appropriate
use.What you've got:
- 5+ years' experience with multiple email systems including
Exchange, Office 365.
- 5+ years of senior-level (tier 2 or 3) administration and
engineering experience in an enterprise IT environment, having
performed operational and break/fix activity along with engineering
- 5+ years' experience in any one or combination of O365, Active
Directory, or cloud-based systems.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate: Office 365, preferred
but not required.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
preferred but not required.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Exchange, email infrastructure,
mail transfer protocols, mail access protocols, email security,
spam, phishing, and virus protection.
- Strong working knowledge of local area network
- Advanced PowerShell or other scripting experience required for
automation and innovation.
- Experience working with Azure AD for Office 365 Identity -
Active Directory, SSO, and MFA.
- Experience working with Directory Synchronization
(AADC/DirSync), O365 Security, and Compliance center.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office 365 Suite (Exchange Online,
Outlook, Calendar, Distribution groups, Teams, SharePoint
/OneDrive, and others).
- Experience configuring Virtual Machines and cloud services in
- Knowledge of industry best practices for email routing,
filtering, monitoring, tiered storage, backups, and disaster
- Skill at working within a team-oriented, collaborative
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies.
- Working technical knowledge of clustered Exchange
- Working knowledge of patch management and change control
- Working knowledge of Enterprise related hardware, software, and
- Experience with running multiple large Enterprise IT projects
concurrently.To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit . -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Phoenix Staff, Inc., Phoenix , Sr. Systems Engineer, Other , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!