Posting #: 521672
Date Posted: 7/30/2020
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: PCH has an immediate opening for a Neonatology
Nurse Program Coordinator. This position will work with the Fetal
Development department, providers, patients/parents and coordinate
the necessary care for the patient. This is a new department for
PCH, so this individual will be an important contributor in the
development of the program. We are looking for an incumbent who is
a self-starter, highly motivated and is very flexible when needing
to work in the clinics, as well as synchronizing the care with
other healthcare units for the patients. Must be able to work
across organizational lines to direct the care of the patient, must
have outstanding critical thinking skills, ability to think outside
the box to achieve goals of patient care. If you have been looking
for the next step in your career, looking for a challenge to make a
difference, and have 5 years of NICU experience, then this might be
the job for you. Apply now!!!
This position coordinates the patient care services, workflow,
and activities provided by nursing and support staff of assigned
program. This position provides guidance, support, and direction to
staff to ensure consistent provision of developmentally appropriate
quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal,
regulatory, and professional standards and requirements.
* Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
* Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
* Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
* Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
* Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
* Acts as a communication liaison between patient, family, and
interdisciplinary team by providing teaching and support to
recognize limitations and strengths within the patient/family
* Assists with identification of staff and community learning
needs from a group and individual perspective. Provides staff and
community education on new skills, equipment, policies, protocols,
* Identifies and acts upon potential risks, investigates and
documents follow-up on significant incidents, and involves
appropriate resource(s) to ensure timely resolution and
implementation of corrective measures in accordance with
professional, regulatory, and governmental agencies and
* Maintains appropriate records to facilitate accurate data
collection and prepares required grant reports.
* Manages the daily operations of a program. Ensures clinic and
program effectiveness. Develops, implements, and monitors plans for
ensuring the highest quality of care.
* Provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within
professional domain to ensure delivery of quality and
developmentally appropriate patient care.
* Regularly reviews research-based literature to improve
clinical care for specific clinical populations as well as
compliance with regulatory bodies.
* Serves as a clinical role model, patient advocate, and
resource to staff, patients, and families. Shares knowledge and
skills of specialty area to assist problem solve collaboratively.
Maintains skill and knowledge proficiency and competency within
* Works collaboratively with unit leadership to provide guidance
and direction to staff by taking an active role in planning,
decision-making, and communication to healthcare team of issues
affecting the interdisciplinary team and integration of patient
* Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.