Department: Surgery Main
Posting #: 364453
Date Posted: 9/7/2020
Employee Type: Regular
Posting Note: We care for surgical patients in all specialties,
including General, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Cardiac, Transplant,
ENT, Plastics, and Urology. We are a Level I Trauma program.
Responsibilities include functioning in the OR Circulating role. OR
experience required. Pediatric OR experience, Level I Trauma
experience, Pediatric Cardiac experience and CNOR certification
This position will work in collaboration with the healthcare
team, patient and family to promote patient health through delivery
of professional nursing care appropriate to patients age and
condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in
accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice
standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards.
* Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
* Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
* Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
* Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
* Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
* Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent
with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social,
developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level
of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines.
Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies
variations from diagnoses.
* Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and
discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts
and shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare
team and families to ensure timely communication and understanding
of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required
activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with
all applicable medication, storage and documentation standards,
regulations, and requirements.
* Provides orientation to the unit, hospital systems, and
processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with
unit's policies and requirements.
* Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members
and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and
competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to
ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures,
therapeutic environment, and team members' performance level,
maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
* Works collaboratively with patient care team and family
members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure
coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient
health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care
conferences as appropriate.
* Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.