Department: Care Area 2 - BMT
Posting #: 523967
Date Posted: 8/19/2020
Employee Type: Regular
This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the
Bone Marrow transplant (BMT) program and the Survivor Management
Program involving patients, outside entities and the
interdisciplinary BMT team. This position collaborates with the
interdisciplinary team, patients, and various outside entities in
order to obtain information, documentation, and data required prior
to patients presenting to the BMT team for consideration and
evaluation as a possible candidate for Bone Marrow Transplant.
* Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
* Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
* Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
* Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
* Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
* Direct Patient Care
* Delivery of direct patient care and supervises nursing care
provided by assistive personnel.
* Collaborates with nurse education specialists and nurse
managers to provide information to the nursing staff.
* Assesses data reflective of the patients status and
appropriately interprets information relative to the patients
* Manages patient and program information
* Compiles, obtains, and manages records, referrals.
* Inputs life-long chemotherapy and radiation calculations to
determine future risk and follow-up requirements.
* Monitors and manages in coming and out going information for
both the Transplant and Survivor Programs.
* Enters data and maintains patient information and results.
* Maintains and obtains as appropriate, data required for
insurance, research, and other program contracts including relevant
* Enters evaluations results and other data into various data
systems with continual maintenance of patient information.
* Obtains consents.
* Works closely with BMT financial entities and insurance.
companies obtaining authorizations, verifying standard of care
charges vs. research/study charges.
* Facilitates effective and efficient patient flow through all
phases of treatment.
* Communicates all appointments with the PCH multidisciplinary
team and primary care physician.
* Facilitates plan of care, patient education for both the
transplant and survivor program.
* Assesses and plans in collaboration with the patient,
significant other and interdisciplinary health care
* team to meet educational and pre-transplant needs.
* Manages appointments, admission orders, upcoming yearly
follow-up visits, HLA typing, various tests, pre and post
* Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.