Legal Counsel IV
Company: Avnet LLC
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job Summary:This Director level position reports to the Vice
President, General Counsel Americas.In this role, you will provide
legal advice and support for the Americas based business on myriad
legal issues, including labor and employment law, and commercial,
employment and other litigation.The successful candidate will also
represent the organization before customers, suppliers, competitors
and government agencies. We are looking for a consensus building
team member with savvy legal skills who can effectively communicate
and partner with team members throughout the organization on a
diverse range of legal matters.Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide legal counsel to organization on day-to-day legal
matters on employment, litigation, and commercial matters; may
advise senior management on complex legal matters.
- Provides counsel to the organization to ensure the organization
complies with applicable local, state, federal laws, and industry
- Take ownership of areas of responsibility and recommends
appropriate courses of action, taking into consideration the
interests of all relevant parties.
- Keep abreast of legal developments within designated subject
matter areas/business unit and assist in the design and
implementation of appropriate processes and policies to ensure
- Demonstrate a logical approach to addressing and resolving
- Apply cost-benefit and risk analysis, offer alternatives to
challenges, and propose solutions to problems.
- Either directly, or in concert with organization's contracts
professionals, negotiates and advises on contracts with customers,
suppliers, and others.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, in a
concise and readily understandable manner.
- Identify areas of legal risk and make recommendations and
suggestions to resolve and mitigate.
- Lead strategic projects and negotiate complex issues to achieve
- Supervise outside counsel's activities and budget.
- Other duties as assigned.Job Level Specifications:
- Provides leadership and direction through managers and senior
managers. Accountable for the performance and results of a major
function that has cross-organizational impact and is comprised of
multiple departments and/or teams.
- Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets
and recommends modifications to enterprise-wide policies and
practices. Adapts and executes functional business plans and
contributes to the development of functional strategies.
Responsible for efficient utilization of significant resources
within the function.
- Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management
and results assessed with a long-term perspective. Decisions are
guided by functional strategy and priorities.
- Collaborates with senior management and others concerning
matters of significance to the company. Routinely conducts
briefings for senior management and/or key external contacts.
Influences senior management or customers/clients.
- Decisions likely have serious impact on the overall success or
failure of a function. Erroneous decisions or recommendations
result in critical delays or modifications to company objectives
and cause long-term harm to business operations.Work Experience:
- Typically 10+ years including 5+ years of management
experienceEducation and Certification(s):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which
comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.Distinguishing
- Typically 8+ years of practicing law, including 4 plus years
working in a corporate legal department or practicing employment
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school required.
- Must possess active license to practice law in assigned
location or otherwise qualify to lawfully serve as in-house counsel
in location where based.
- Depending upon jurisdiction, may require fluency in one or more
languages in addition to English.
- Prior experience practicing employment law is
preferred.#LI-AS1The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills.Avnet is an Equal Opportunity
Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other characteristic protected by law. This
policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and
grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress
standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue
hardship for the Company. -If you are interested in applying for
employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an
accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human
Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
Keywords: Avnet LLC, Phoenix , Legal Counsel IV, Legal , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!