Technical Product Manager Lead
Location: Litchfield Park
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Purpose of Job
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and
the employee's manager. Candidates are expected to live a
commutable distance from one of our offices in San Antonio, TX,
Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Chesapeake, VA, Colorado
Springs, CO, or Charlotte, NC. This position also has the option to
The Technical Product Manager has a deep understanding of their
business and the correlated technology domains. They facilitate the
creation of data-driven business and technology strategies to
achieve operational objectives and influence cross-functional teams
to ensure business and technology objectives are aligned with clear
action plans to deliver solutions. They are responsible for
assisting the business in identifying and managing risks,
performance issues, and controls related to their domain. They must
also be able to set context and goals with their project teams and
monitor systems on a recurring basis.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standard, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads the identification and monitoring of Information
Technology General Controls (ITGCs) and Business Application
Controls (BACs) to mitigate IT risks.
- Leads business and IT teams through the analysis of industry
technical solutions to recommend, develop, define, and implement
technology solutions that align to strategic objectives.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to identify
dependencies that impact strategic roadmaps.
- Works with IT to understand industry technical solutions to
drive build vs. buy recommendations.
- Leads product/capability solution sessions.
- Oversees changes to platform environment and communicates API
capabilities for strategic integration purposes.
- Leads collaboration with the business and technology to ensure
data flow diagrams are accurate and that required data is stored to
facilitate operations and analysis.
- Prepares data driven presentations and other forms of
communication to clearly communicate prioritization discussions,
and product backlog and releases.
- Consistently provides guidance and mentoring to team members
and acts as an escalation point to ensures issues are resolved.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in
addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be
substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8 years in a technical product development role, such as
technical product manager, software engineer, development manager,
business analyst, or architect that includes experience in agile,
innovation, problem solving, analytics and system
- Demonstrated ability taking a concept from ideation to
- Extensive experience in technical program/product management
gathering requirements, finding system efficiencies, and
recommending solutions across cross-functional areas.
- Proven ability to leverage existing data and implement new
attributes so that decisions are data-driven while still balancing
product quality and speed-to-market.
- Deep knowledge of business domain laws and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management/agile scrum process and
agile product owner role.
- Expert knowledge in Business Case and CBA development related
to both revenue driving and expense saving benefits.
- Expert ability to understand and discuss technology concepts,
trade-offs and new opportunities with both business and technical
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and
demonstrated leadership and ability to influence peers and leaders
without formal authority. Preferred Skills:
- 3+ Years data analysis to understand transaction trends and
data quality of Core Bank capabilities.
- Prior IT integration background to document detailed
requirements to include functional and non-functional
- 5+ years working in Agile delivery teams. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 -
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential : Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Technical Product Manager Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Litchfield Park, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!