Audit Manager - QAIP/IT (Hybrid)
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Purpose of Job We are seeking an QAIP IT Audit Manager for our
San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL, or Charlotte,
This is a hybrid role. USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results. The actual days onsite are settled between each employee
and the employee's manager. Relocation assistance is available.
This position is for an IT Audit Manager within the Audit Services
Quality Assurance & Improvement Program (QAIP) Team within the
Professional Practices group. QAIP drives continuous improvement in
Audit Services practices through the maintenance of a Quality
Assurance and Improvement Program that covers all aspects of the
internal auditing activity, including conformity with the Institute
of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards and Code of
This position will apply expertise in information technology audit
practices to perform core QAIP activities including assessing USAA
audit methodology against industry and regulatory requirements,
performing quality reviews of audit engagements to assess
conformance with USAA audit methodology and IIA standards,
performing trend analysis and benchmarking to advise the audit
department on standard methodologies, and supporting external
reviews including regulatory requests. Job Requirements About
USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.Primary Responsibilities:
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of
contact for the business through Audit engagements.
- Leads and carries out complex audit engagements throughout the
audit lifecycle. Leads continuous monitoring and advisory
activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for performing multiple areas of complex test work
during audit activities. Completes audit documentation techniques
including key risks and controls alignment to audit test objectives
and conclusions and assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Runs day to day engagement-related efforts and assignments of
Audit team members with varying degrees of expertise and experience
when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the
engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and
completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit Manager
(SAM)/Director. May communicate with regulators.
- Applies and provides guidance to team members on the use of
audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create
queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple
sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are
- Identifies control weaknesses and
- opportunities for improvement in the current operating
environment and provides recommendations for corrective action;
drafts the related audit issues and audit reports with oversight
from audit leadership for issuance to respective client leadership
and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities.
- Leads team audit activities and provides feedback on planning
and scoping, and review of risk assessment and testing that
demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners to help
drive strategic objectives with the business and effectively
challenges business action plans. Communicates effectively with the
business/clients and delivers risk-based and difficult messages
regarding issues and control weaknesses to ensure proper risk
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training
to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit
- Provides information from audit results and insight to assists
Audit Leadership in the updating of risk profiles and risk
assessments related to the engagement. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to
examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and
present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Experience leading IT audits in large financial services,
insurance or related highly regulated industries
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory guidance, IIA Standards, IIA
Practice Advisories and Practice Guides
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, business and
information technology risks and audit techniques
- Skilled in posing effective challenge to Audit Services
executives, management and staff, while maintaining strong
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to impact and
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including
electronic work papers
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal
Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFSA
(Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business
designation. The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $158,900 (this does
not include geographical differential; it may be applied based on
your work location).Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. Geographical
Differential : Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Audit Manager - QAIP/IT (Hybrid), IT / Software / Systems , Surprise, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!