SQL Software Engineer Senior - Sensitive Data Management - Remote
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer Senior
for our San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL or
Charlotte, NC facility. This person may also work remotely in a
100% Remote Work Environment.
The candidate selected for this position will work with the
Sensitive Data Management Platform team within USAA's Enterprise
Data Office. The work involves implementing the latest technology
to support Enterprise sensitive data discovery and classification
and collaborating cross-functionally with business teams and other
Enterprise platforms/product lines to help automate and orchestrate
sensitive data management capabilities across the Enterprise. In
this position you will support the development and delivery of
platform features and initiatives, and you will engage in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle which include gathering and analyzing requirements,
designing, testing, documenting, improving availability, resiliency
and overall health of the Sensitive Data Management platform.Job
RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.About USAA ITOur
most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million
members who rely on us every day.We're proud of USAA's strong
history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's
why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking
technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And
why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team.
With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to
continue learning and growing.Tasks:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
across many technologies to tie together existing systems and
- Lead code/design reviews with team to ensure smooth daily
operations and accurate planning.
- Develop complex algorithms to solve business needs
- Investigates and resolves complex application and system
technical problems and production issues by directing
troubleshooting of end-to-end solutions.
- Mentors' engineers, coach engineers on design, development, and
maintenance of systems; Review teammates' code
- Influence architecture, quality standards and understand,
identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify system performance issues and optimize solutionMinimum
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of experience beyond
the minimum requirement can be used in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
- 4 years of experience delivering technology solutions in all
phases of the software systems and application development
lifecycle to include leading code/design reviews.
- Basic Understanding of one or more of the following: Java,
- Demonstrated experience researching technical issues and
generating creative/innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated experience addressing production issues by
troubleshooting applications and systems.
- Experience articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of security coding practices and
secure system fundamentalsWhen you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Preferred experience:
- 4-6 years of experience with Data Modeling and Data Warehouse
strategies and design (Facts, Dimensions, Star Schemas)
- 4-6 years of experience with SQL Development and strong
knowledge of classic RDBMs (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
Should be proficient in writing Advanced SQLs with expertise in
performance tuning of SQL and demonstrated ability to perform
operations on large datasets (hundreds of millions of rows)
including automated verification and validation.
- 4-6 years of experience with ETL strategies, design and
- 4-6 years of experience with Business Intelligence development,
data analysis, data auditing, and reporting.
- Knowledge PowerShell and Python desired.
- Knowledge of next-gen RDBMS (e.g. RDS, Aurora, BigQuery) are a
plus. The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:USAA has
an effective method for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this skill is: $106,800 - $192,300* Employees may
be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and
individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national
average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details.Relocation assistance is Not Available for this
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , SQL Software Engineer Senior - Sensitive Data Management - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!