Surgical Technology Instructor
Company: Pima Medical Institute
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Instruct and implement the Surgical Technology program to
educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and
objectives. Provide oversight of quality and integrity of Surgical
* Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include
scheduled activities and materials of sequences.
* Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon
student need and established curriculum.
* Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate
with the Student Services Coordinator or Associate Director when
absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly
for the office management department.
* Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student
withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the
program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes
taught in the program.
* Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies.
Prepare final grades at the end of each sequence to update student
records and transcripts.
* Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in
curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet
* Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field
trips, and visits to clinics and medical offices.
* Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in
class and individually.
* Assist and advise students with Surgical Technology program
* Monitor student academic progress and inform the Student Services
Coordinator or Associate Director when a student's grade average
for any course drops below 77%.
* Monitor students in the classroom. Assist students and ensure
safety precautions are adhered to.
* May assist and coordinate externships for Surgical Technology
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be
* Associate degree from an accredited surgical technology program
recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for
Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or training from an
otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., military program) in
* Four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those
instructors who are not graduates from an accredited surgical
* Three (3) years of operating room experience in the scrub role
within the last five (5) years and/or (3) years teaching in the
field of surgical technology.
* Current Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) credential required
through a national certification program accredited by the National
Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
* Current license, certification through the NBSTSA or other
credential as required by local, state and/or federal laws to work
in the field.
* Verbal and written communications skills.
* Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and computer
Keywords: Pima Medical Institute, Phoenix , Surgical Technology Instructor, IT / Software / Systems , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!