EC Claim Technical Consultant (Remote)
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: April 10, 2021
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe people
are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and
experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R21602 EC Claim Technical Consultant (Remote) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic
The Claims Technical Consultant drives line of business results
through file consultation with claim handlers and staff counsel as
needed, on files with coverage questions, high risk litigation,
high risk exposure claims including complex file handling as well
as participating in quality audits and provides LOB performance
improvement recommendations / implementation plans.
* This is a remote, work-from-home position*
Job Level Summary
* Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own
discipline and/or Property Line of Business.
* Leads others to solve complex problems.
* Works independently on most complex situations.
* May lead functional teams or projects.
* Drive line of business performance using data to assess needs,
opportunities, issues and trends
* Partners with data and analytics to review claim /policy data or
hypothesis generated from Claims Data & Analytics (CDA) on loss
trends or results as well as creates hypotheses based on
observations within the industry, audit or file consultations for
analysis with CDA. Helps provide the root cause analysis of loss
results to stakeholders based on input from audit, industry trends,
CDA, and file consultations.
* May oversee TPA claim operations programs and administer
* Provide consultative technical and authority guidance to file
handlers, provide thought leadership on file risks and direction
including jurisdictional, statutory, regulatory and technical
* Provide direct and or second level quality audits to ensure
compliance with company objectives, guidelines, regulatory and
* Identify and develop action plans to improve results through
training and guidelines.
* Develop and deliver training as needed based on findings from
data, file audits or guideline changes.
* May oversee TPA claim operations and programs.
* May oversee and administer Litigation Program
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
* Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
* Demonstrated ability to handle complex 1st and 3rd party,
* Extensive problem-solving skill.
* Demonstrated experience with Quality Audit.
* Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements coverages.
Education & Licenses
* Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving
* This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
* Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
Additional Job Information:
* 5+ years of property claims experience
* Demonstrated experience as a trustworthy, influential leader
* Demonstrated experience developing results-oriented strategy
* Demonstrated experience using data to tell a business story
* Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services you can
expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contigent workers are not eligable for American Family
Stay Connected: Join our Talent Community!
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Phoenix , EC Claim Technical Consultant (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!