Java Software Engineer - Web Services - Mid Level
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Purpose of JobJava Software Engineer -- Web Services -- Mid
We are currently seeking talented Java Software Engineers -- Mid
Level for our Phoenix, TX facility.
USAA Java Software Engineers create and maintain APIs for our
business software applications that our members use. Done well,
many may never realize or appreciate how critical these APIs are or
how we've made them simpler. Faster. Safer. Yet they help make our
members' lives better. It's a great challenge and
Here, you will invent. You'll design and test. You'll take risks.
You'll create new technology, but the impact you'll make on our
members will be far more significant.
As a Java Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a
fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping
and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all
solutions leveraging TDD. Your responsibilities will require you to
be knowledgeable in API development. You will be a part of teams of
developers guiding on engineering and architecture best practices
as well as demonstrate the ability to partner and engage with other
engineers and architects. You will work closely with business
clients and UI designers to analyze user requirements, code
applications and customize and/or integrate commercial software
packages for both internal employees and external member-facing
applications across multiple platforms.
As a Java Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code
integrity and quality.
This Job Posting is for multiple openings available in 2021.Job
RequirementsABOUT USAAUSAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level.In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT
USAA ITOur most important qualification isn't technical, it's
human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand
behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.--We are
over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and
collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two
Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and
were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT
by Workforce Diversity Magazine.--------
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets
- With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis,
design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of
- With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate
commercial software packages.
- Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems
while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and
existing code and/or performing unit testing.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause
analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends
requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer
requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate
estimates on work packages. May begin to identify issues that
impact availabilityMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study OR Certification
from an approved technical field of study OR 4 additional years of
I/T experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a
- AND, 2+ years of software engineering/development experience
utilizing Java with experience working with RESTful Web
- 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
- 1+ years in AGILE methodology
- 1+ years experience integrating with backend services like JMS,
J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Ability to implement container based APIs using a container
frameworks OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2,
- Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around
continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
- Experience testing in REST services
- Experience in design and develop automated test
frameworkDESIRED CHARACTERISTICSUSAA Java Engineers create
innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas--
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but
- Community-focused, dependable and committed--
- Exceptionally detail-orientedThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA
our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the
business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs.-- Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.Relocation assistance is notavailable for
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Java Software Engineer - Web Services - Mid Level, IT / Software / Systems , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!