Human Resources Analyst
Company: Arizona Department of Health Services
Posted on: September 19, 2023
AHCCCS Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion,
Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona's
Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive,
cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a
nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient
of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high
performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee
engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible
work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career
paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields,
entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers
meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Human Resources Analyst Division of Human Resources &
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85043
Salary: $48,00 - $50,500 Grade: 18 Open until filled
Under the direction of the HR Operations Manager, this position
provides support and assistance with day-to-day HR administrative
tasks in the Operations Unit. The position supports various
Operations functions and processes. This includes responding and
providing guidance to HR related questions and inquiries from
AHCCCS Leadership and agency employees. This role will support HR
Professional level staff with operational functions. Maintains
human resources information system records in electronic and paper
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited
- Performs all HRIS data entry to process employee personnel
actions including but not limited to: new hire, transfers, address
change, salary change, name change, position change, cash comp, and
status changes. Responsible for maintaining paper and/or electronic
personnel files, archiving files, internal compliance review
audits, and processing personnel file review requests. Provides
day-to-day admin support including receipt and distribution of
daily mail, conference room scheduling, organizing and coordinating
meetings and producing on demand reports. Oversees the HRD Mailbox
and main HR phone line, responding to routine inquiries or
forwarding to appropriate HR contact for response. Assists with
benefits administration, including enrollment, ASRS verification
and employee communication.
- Assists recruitment and on/off boarding efforts by conducting
thorough, accurate and timely pre-employment verification and
reference checks on all candidates who are being considered for
employment. Drafts job announcements on the State job board.
Prepares Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for the hiring manager's new
hire packets. Oversees the on-boarding /off boarding processes to
include, tracking new hire log sheet, participating in the delivery
of the onboarding orientation presentation, fingerprinting, I-9
verification, IRME (unemployment insurance verifications),
communication to disable accounts and equipment retrieval
coordination, agency Travel Coordinator and managing the agency
Years of Service award and recognition process.
- Other duties as assigned may include maintain the division
credit card, processing invoices and reconciling monthly purchases.
This position may offer the ability to work remotely, within
Arizona, based upon the department's business needs and continual
meeting of expected performance measures.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords
employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many
agencies, boards, and commissions, many State employees participate
in the State's Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in
their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work,
including remote work, should be performed within Arizona unless an
exception is properly authorized in advance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
Knowledge of and/or ability to learn:
- Current, acceptable standards of administrative principles and
- Federal and State rules and regulations, Arizona State
- Agency policies and procedures and departmental goals and
- Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS)
- Talent Acquisition
- Human Resources terminology
- LEAN initiatives. Skilled in:
- Report writing and formatting data
- Coordinating and organizing events
- Customer service techniques
- Problem solving techniques
- Effective oral/written communication and public
- Conflict resolution as it relates to customer service Ability
- Learn, understand and apply state and federal laws, as well as,
state and agency rules, procedures and policies
- Respond to a wide range of personnel inquiries and situations
with accuracy and
- Take direction, follow instructions, and produce expected
results of assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Interact professionally with a variety of individuals ranging
from front-line supervisors to members of senior management.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Prioritize, plan, analyze, coordinate work activities,
communicate accurate information to customers and staff
- Take initiative
- Multi-task and change priorities as needed and deal with
interruptions throughout the day and maintain workflow.
Any combination of training and experience that meet the knowledge,
skills, and abilities (KSAs); typical ways KSAs are obtained may
include but are not limited to: relevant degree from an accredited
college or university, coursework and work experience relevant to
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
Relevant HR Certification
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility
Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired
- Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior
employment verifications and reference checks; employment is
contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the
agency's ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Travel All newly hired State employees are subject to and must
successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility
Verification Program (E-Verify).
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona,
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year
respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for
- A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension
- A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical,
dental, life, and disability insurance
- Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan
Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
- RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
- A variety of learning and career development opportunities By
providing the option of a full-time or part-time remote work
schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher
job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a
management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An
agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona,
please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
- Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System
- Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon
- Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS
- Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting
period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period). Deferred
Retirement Compensation Program
- Voluntary participation.
- Program administered through Nationwide.
- Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation
such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to
arrange the accommodation. The State of Arizona is an Equal
Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Keywords: Arizona Department of Health Services, Phoenix , Human Resources Analyst, Human Resources , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!