Talent Specialist (Recruitment/Retention)
Company: UMOM New Day Centers
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Title: Talent Specialist (Recruitment and Retention)
Supervisor: Talent Manager
Hiring Salary Range: $48,000 - $50,000
About UMOM New Day Centers: Founded in 1964, UMOM is Arizona's
largest provider of services for families experiencing
homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, rebuild lives, and
end homelessness. With an annual operating budget of $22 million
dollars, UMOM provides shelter, supportive services, and housing
programs to families and single women experiencing homelessness in
Maricopa County. UMOM serves over 15,000 unique individuals across
all our services annually, including families receiving support at
the Family Housing Hub.
Position Description: This position is responsible for providing
support in the areas of recruitment & retention, benefits,
compliance, employee engagement, employee relations, and learning &
development. The Talent Specialist will support the daily functions
of the Talent department including interviewing and hiring staff,
handling administrative functions of the department, and UMOM's
Applicant Tracking System (ATS). This position works autonomously
and remains calm under pressure. The Talent Specialist assists HR
Managers in the whole recruitment lifecycle (e.g., onboarding new
hires and candidate sourcing.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Talent Support
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Provide excellent customer service and acts as the first point
of contact to employees and external partners for all HR related
queries this includes: greeting employees, answering phones, and
providing general information and employee support especially in
the areas of recruitment & retention, benefits and compliance,
employee engagement, employee relations, and learning &
- Act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth
communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions.
- Assist with the sourcing and coordination of external
- Manage the Talent Inbox
- Maintain office supplies and placing orders when inventory is
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Handle all data entry for the ATS for the organization.
- Advertise job openings on multiple channels to recruit the most
qualified and successful pool of candidates.
- Assist with the recruitment, interviews, and the hiring of
qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with
departmental managers to understand skills and competencies
required for openings.
- Maintain ongoing communication with candidates as well as
hiring managers to ensure an employee-focused recruitment process
is successfully delivered.
- Complete all post-hire documentation related to the successful
day one onboarding of new team members.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations & adherence to
professional standards related to all talent acquisition related
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the UMOM
interview guides and job descriptions.
- Collaborates with hiring managers on the coordination of
- Assists with the implementation of all employee engagement
- Assists with the development, implementation, and management of
career development plans.
- Assists Talent Manager with gathering qualitative and
quantitative retention data by conducting and analyzing employee
surveys and/or stay interviews
- Serves as an employee ambassador for staff to ask questions and
- Helps ensure the onboarding process is welcoming, thorough and
incorporates the company culture
- Helps determine gaps where additional supervisor and management
training is needed
- Assists with coordinating (and possibly conduct) training and
- Helps Talent Manager identify operational and/or system changes
that will help your organization adjust to a shorter-term
- Develop innovative opportunities for advancement and career
paths for workers
- Assists Talent Managers with implementation of recognition and
appreciation programs across the organization
- Helps revise the interview process, selection criteria and
applicant communication plan when necessary
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute
talent programs including but not limited to recruitment and
retention; benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and
investigations; performance and talent management; productivity,
recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and
training and development.
- Ensures compliance documentation is secured, properly recorded,
and stored for all current and new employees.
- Assists with regular audits to ensure that all employee
certifications are obtained, renewed, and recorded in a timely
- Assists with policy and handbook development, review, and
- Processes new hires, terminations, and other status changes in
a timely, efficient manner.
- Initiates HCM data entry, maintenance, and report
- Assists with management of personnel files
- Completes all necessary and mandated reporting for grants,
compliance, and legal requirements.
- Handles inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors,
referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate
- Assists with the development and implementation of DEI related
- Assists with employment verifications as needed
- Assists with employee relations issues and incident
investigations, using the highest level of professionalism and
confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- Documenting, when necessary, employee relations concerns with a
high level of detail
- Exercising sound judgement in elevating employee relation
concerns when appropriate.
Qualification and Competency Requirements:
Experience and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum two years of professional experience, with at least one
year of human resource experience required.
- Knowledge of Pre-Employment Screening, Recruitment, and
Training and Development preferred
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector; experience working with
underserved or disadvantaged populations preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Human Capital Management and Applicant
Tracking Systems (Knowledge of iSolved HCM a plus)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card or the ability to
- Valid AZ Driver's License and a driving record that falls
within UMOM's policy.
- 50/100 level of car insurance coverage (mileage reimbursement
Physical Activities and Working Conditions
The physical demands and working conditions described here are
representative, but not exhaustive, of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- This position is typically performed in an interior,
environmentally controlled office setting. The duties of the job
require extended periods of time being stationary and manipulating
a computer (keyboard, monitor, mouse), and other standard office
equipment including, but not limited to printer, calculator,
copier, telephone, and associated computer/technology
- Willingness to embrace and actively support the unique culture
and values of UMOM.
- Ability to focus on the tasks and details relevant to the
position and the organization, while also switching quickly between
- Ability to exercise excellent independent judgment and take
ownership of decisions.
- Ability to think on a broad, systems-level relative to the
scope of the position.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals
while being a strong team player.
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines, and delegate
- Ability to cope with and embrace change, risk, and
- Ability to develop strong relationships within a fast-paced,
collaborative setting that values diverse opinions; enthusiasm for
helping drive change as UMOM becomes a more data-driven
Work Schedule: The typical schedule for this position is
Monday-Friday, normal business hours, with occasional nights and
weekends, depending on the needs of the position and the
Other: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Keywords: UMOM New Day Centers, Phoenix , Talent Specialist (Recruitment/Retention), Human Resources , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...