Human Resources Generalist
Company: National Veterinary Associates
Posted on: August 7, 2022
VetMED Emergency & Specialty Care (VetMED) is an AAHA-accredited
specialty referral and 24-hour emergency veterinary hospital
located in Phoenix, AZ. Our hospital is home to board-certified
specialists in a variety of fields, as well as experienced
emergency doctors. Skillful and committed, our veterinarians treat
your pets with the same compassion and expertise that they would
give to their own pets. We are proud to serve as an extension of
your family veterinarian when they are not available.
VetMED is partnered with NVA/Compassion First (NVA/CF), the largest
private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals in North America
with over 1300 locations worldwide. NVA/Compassion First is rapidly
growing and competes in a $25 billion industry. Learn more about us
at http://www.nvaonline.com/.VetMED Emergency and Specialty
Hospital - Phoenix, AZ
VetMED is seeking an energetic and passionate Human Resources
Generalist to join our growing team! The Human Resources Generalist
position requires someone with strong communication skills, the
ability to build relationships with staff, and strong initiative,
leadership, and organizational skills. This position will interact
with board-certified specialists and skilled veterinary nurses and
support staff in Internal Medicine, Surgery, Neurology,
Dermatology, Radiology and Emergency and Critical Care. We have a
loyal clientele and are a passionate and dedicated team. The Human
Resource Generalist will partner with VetMED's Medical Director,
Hospital Director, and Managers to provide HR support for our
hospital, and will report to the Human Resources Director. For more
information about our hospital, please visit our website:
Duties & Responsibilities for Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for a variety of
functions including but not limited to:
Hiring and Terminations
* Partner with the leadership team to support recruiting via
placing employment ads, phone screening, setting and conducting
interviews, reference checks, offer letters, new hire orientations
and onboarding, etc.
* Partner as needed with the leadership team to support challenging
scenarios such as understaffing, mediating disputes, terminations,
and disciplinary action.
* Conducting exit interviews with departing employees, track
feedback and review for areas of opportunity in the hospital
Payroll and Benefits
* Bi-weekly payroll processing
* Provide support and facilitate employee benefit enrollment for
new hires and at annual open enrollment
* Build and maintain relationships with teams, get a pulse on our
culture and engagement levels, deliver content to build
interpersonal, leadership and people skills.
* Work with managers and leadership team to optimize team
development, strategize and advise on culture, engagement,
development and retention.
* Ensure HR legal and corporate compliance by monitoring and
implementing applicable requirements; conducting inquiries;
documenting and properly storing records.
* Solicit and listen to employee concerns. Lead employee relations
and coach others through effective conflict resolution and
* Identify employee relations issues and work with the leadership
team to address effective solutions.
* Support leadership team in developing and communicating plans to
address areas of improvement.
* Interprets HR policies, procedures, laws standards and
regulations; advises leadership teams on appropriate actions and
recommends next steps.
* Partner with the leadership team to facilitate, communicate and
implement HR programs, policies, and other roll outs that support
business goals and drive results while ensuring compliance with
* Three to five years' experience in Human Resources
* SHRM or HRCI certification and/or 5 years' experience in human
resources management preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in HR related field, preferred
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources
management, business principles, relevant legislation and
regulations, legal requirements, and government reporting
regulations affecting HR functions, including Arizona specific
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Strong detail orientation and time management skills.
* Self-directed with ability to effectively multitask and adapt to
* Strong problem solving and follow up skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
VetMED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring
is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in
the United States and passing a complete background check and drug
Keywords: National Veterinary Associates, Phoenix , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!