Posted on: June 25, 2022
Veregy is an industry leader made up of eight engineering and
energy service companies bringing energy-efficient, smart building
technology, and distributed energy solutions to our markets. We
believe innovation, together with award-winning service, creates
long-term value for our clients. Summary of Position FunctionsThe
Payroll Specialist processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll for the
organization.Essential Position Functions
- Prepares and processes weekly and bi-weekly including hourly
pay, salary pay, and bonuses.
- Ensures that all non-exempt employee timesheets are approved
timely, processed accurately, and include shift differentials and
- Works closely with HR to process new hires, terminations,
status changes, LOA's, rate changes, retroactive payments, and
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and
- Reconciles and validates payroll from two separate systems
prior to transmission (Parallel Payrolls).
- Reconciles and validates Federal, State, and Local taxes.
- Processes all deductions including garnishments, HSA,
retirement plans, and benefit contributions.
- Provides timely feedback regarding employee payroll related
- Works with employees and/or managers via phone and email for
payroll related questions and/or requests.
- Prepares and distributes reports as instructed.
- Provides instructions/training regarding the use of
payroll-related systems including time clock, online access of pay
- Processes Certified Payroll Reports and deduction and fringe
authorizations as needed.
- Processes garnishments and other court orders in a timely
manner by setting up the deductions in the payroll systems and
serving notice to the employee.Note: The statements contained
herein describe the essential functions of this position but should
not be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals
may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas
to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or
otherwise balance the workload.Non-Essential Position Functions
- Assists with managing departmental emails for the payroll
- Files, scans, faxes, and photocopies documents.
- Other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this
time.Education and QualificationsTo perform this position
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
(1) to three (3) years' related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience processing fully cycle
payroll with 300+ employee organizations is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience processing
payroll with ADP Workforce Now or a related HRIS/Payroll
- Experience with certified payroll is preferred.
- Must have strong attention to detail and organization.
- Must be able to maintain employee and company
confidentiality.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Veregy's services and processes is required which
can be obtained through intellect, technical inclination, and
dedication to gain such knowledge.
- Knowledge (Intermediate) of various operating systems, software
products (e.g. MS Office, etc.), is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently manage time /
workload, prioritize tasks, and tactfully negotiate priority with
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Competitive Compensation.
- Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Time Off.
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans.
- 401k Retirement Plan with Matching Employer Contributions
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance.
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Continued Education and Trade Certification Sponsorship
- Company Branded Trucks Provided (Specific
Positions).Certificates, Licenses, RegistrationsNone at this
time.Veregy values diversity and is committed to building a
workforce comprised of individuals with different backgrounds,
experiences, and identities. Equal Employment Opportunity has been,
and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Veregy, where
employment is based upon capabilities and qualifications without
discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, disability, veteran status, genetic history, sexual
orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established
by law. We strive to create an inclusive culture that empowers
individuals to thrive, try new things, and grow together as one
Keywords: Veregy, Phoenix , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!