Organized Retail Crime Investigator
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: September 19, 2023
ORC Investigators (HDI-Home Depot Investigations) are responsible
for the direction and support of Organized Retail Crime (ORC)
investigations within a specified area of the company. ORC
Investigators will work with various business partners (Corporate
Security, dot com, RDO's, APM's and APS') and leverage all
available investigative tools to eliminate and reduce company
exposure to external theft. Key responsibilities include: analyzing
information, determination of exception data to drive
investigation, communication and coordination of information to
field teams and other partners, management of the investigative
process, coordination with law enforcement to ensure effective
prosecution and restitution recovery, coordination with ORC
Analysts to develop new exception data, management of remote CCTV
viewing to support investigative efforts, and case trend analysis
to drive performance and to make recommendations to mitigate theft
exposure. ORC Investigators must be able to manage multiple tasks
and to gain buy in and support of multiple partners to ensure a
successful investigation process within their area of
responsibility. ORC Investigators must be effective at training and
coaching, as they will support the development of the investigative
skill sets within their area of responsibility. ORC Investigators
must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as they
will make recommendations to business partners for the elimination
of procedural/policy issues that increase theft exposure. ORC
Investigators will report directly to the Corporate ORC Manager(s)
of HDI and will work in a collaborative team environment with the
entire HDI Team.
- 45% Case initiation /Gathering intelligence/ Field Tactics.
Conducts various Field Tactics (i.e. static/mobile surveillance) to
determine the scope of an investigation and help bring to
resolution. Deploys Resources (Covert/Overt Surveillance Equipment,
product tracking, etc.) under the partnership of the SSC Corporate
ORC Manager(s). Utilize information from systems reports and
databases to identify and communicate criminal activity impacting
company assets. Gathers Intelligence internally and externally and
presents to Law Enforcement for prosecution. Work with ORC Analyst
to review all POS and Non POS exception report data to identify
potential ORC Theft/Fraud issues within the assigned regions
- 35% Case Management/Packaging and building cases. Updates Case
Management System weekly. Develops detailed investigative plans to
help bring cases to resolution at the appropriate scope and pace.
Provides weekly updates to manager and AP Team within area of
responsibility on case load and case management efforts. Thoroughly
documents investigations and ensures proper video is retained for
prosecution in the Case Management System.
- 20% Networking and training with field teams, LE and retail.
Represent THD during conferences and ORC meetings. Develop
partnerships with SSC Leaders, Director, RDO's, APM's, and APS' to
drive theft and fraud elimination. Maintain positive working
relationships with AP Teams, Financial Institutions, Law
Enforcement and peer Industry partners. Implementation of training
and programs to prevent fraud and reduce loss potential.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to Manager
- This position has no Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same
location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there
may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 5+ Years of Loss Prevention / Asset Protection Investigative
- 2+ Years of Organized Retail Crime Investigative
- Competent in the use of retail CCTV systems.
- Competent in the use of retail case management systems.
- Loss Prevention Investigative Interview Training.
- ORC certifications and/or training class completion
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Phoenix , Organized Retail Crime Investigator, Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!