Customer Service Rep - Messaging (Virtual for Residents of Arizona) $18.00/hr
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: September 17, 2023
The homedepot.com Online Customer Service Chat Representative
provides quality and professional customer service that
consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and
customer expectations. The position is directly responsible for
creating an effortless customer experience by answering questions
about products, orders, and services available through the
homedepot.com e-commerce platform. The representative will interact
with multiple customers through a chat or messaging platform on a
daily basis and perform sales and product/order inquiry
transactions. Representatives are expected to find ways to satisfy
customer needs and to simplify the customer experience. A high
expectation of customers include representatives' speed to
solution, accurate information, empathy, and attention to detail.
The representative will act in a way that positively represents the
Company and increases the customer's likelihood to shop again.
- 20% Answers inbound chat and/or messaging requests from
customers, quickly assesses customer needs and proactively provides
solutions with a high degree of accuracy. Provides superior
customer service during transactions regarding product inquiry,
order placement, and order follow-up. Documents details of customer
- 20% Drives customer loyalty by providing, excellent service,
accurate product and service knowledge to customers and looks for
ways to reduce customer effort in ordering, shipping, order inquiry
and return/refund experiences.
- 20% Keeps customers informed on the status of their order,
reconciles errors in a cost effective manner, resolves post-order
issues such as returns and follows up to ensure all customer needs
- 10% Where needed, acts as liaison between customer and
manufacturer, as well as between customer and freight carrier.
- 20% Meets or exceeds various performance requirements,
including but not limited to: customer service skills, accuracy,
schedule adherence, speed to resolution, etc.
- 10% Partners with escalation group to obtain additional order
support, customer follow-up, or handling of complex customer
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- Position reports to Supervisor Customer Service
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to type faster than 25 words per minute
- College Degree preferred
- 3 or more years of customer service or retail sales experience
- Ability to type faster than 35 words-per-minute.
- Ability to type 50 WPM without looking at the keyboard.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Highly skilled at using a computer-based platform using
multiple applications, to include transcription, multitasking,
chatting or messaging, and maintaining effective communication with
- Skilled at consistently providing excellent customer service,
following through on responsibilities to customers and recovering
from any errors made.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments
accurately, catching errors before completion, despite a large
workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers.
Possesses effective listening, speaking and writing skills. Skilled
at adjusting communication style to meet audience needs and
- Comfortable engaging with customers who may exhibit
frustration, and comfortable taking responsibility for errors on
behalf of the Company.
- Capable of and interested in continuous learning primarily
focused on the business, customer service techniques and products
and services sold at The Home Depot.
- Comfortable with making decisions independently.
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Phoenix , Customer Service Rep - Messaging (Virtual for Residents of Arizona) $18.00/hr, Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!