Rep., Independent Sales
Company: McLane Company
Posted on: November 25, 2022
This position is responsible for developing profitable new
business as well as growing sales in existing assigned accounts to
achieve sales goals in a specified geographical area for primarily
independent and smaller group
customers. The Independent Sales Representative also participates
with the sales team to respond to customer needs, monitor accounts
receivable and build strong customer relations while controlling
expenses within budget
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have
the ability to:
- Ensure all new and existing accounts have the following
criteria or items in place in order to meet or exceed weekly
sales-per-store and YTD budgeted sales:
- Meet McLane credit qualifications and accounts receivable
guidelines according to NSF policy.
- Mutual understanding with assigned customers as to sales plans
presented and any other financial considerations, such as incentive
rebates or allowances.
- Maintains or exceeds current division gross profit, per stop
- Accounts are sold through approved billing plans.
- Account does not require unusual high expenses to service with
less than division operating income as a result.
- Accounts meet minimum order size requirements.
- Maintain current legally required state and municipal product
- Follow-up on all A/R issues with the Controller and Independent
Sales Manager and/or Market Director per the requirements set forth
by the Finance Department.
- Evaluate and understand all competitors' strengths, weaknesses,
financials, technology, new initiatives and limitations within
their defined territory.
- Evaluate customer YTD budgeted sales and weekly sales per store
to maximize budgeted goals through the following activities:
- Conduct a weekly review of order frequency, order size and
concentration of purchases.
- Review item selection versus industry/market/competition/season
and make recommendations on item selection, plan-o-grams and
promotional planning or distribution guidelines.
- Tour national convenience and drug outlets for potential new
items or categories.
- Monitor and secure documented competitive wholesale pricing and
- Communicate on an agreed upon frequency with store owners
through phone calls, e-mail, and onsite meetings.
- Sell new business concepts of McLane Company in assigned
accounts that include: SMP-online, VTS, CVP, McLane technology
solutions, McLane Kitchen and all McLane sales
- Participate in divisional projects to include seasonal load
change communications and other projects necessary to provide
excellent communication and follow-up resulting in enhanced
customer perception of McLane.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and participate in annual
reset/re-tag of each store
- Monitor, maintain, and replace shelf tags as necessary during
weekly store visits to include new and replacement items
A teammate in this position must:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred); or five years of relevant work
experience in sales may substitute for the college
- Internal candidates must have a minimum experience with McLane
Company of not less than 2 years.
- Be skilled in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Be able to work with and communicate with many different
reporting level groups, to include McLane customers (store
managers), drivers, customer service, and peers.
- Be able to travel as required, which may include overnight
stays (varies by market area)
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read, write and understand the English
- Possess a valid driver's license and a good driving
- Be able to successfully pass an experience verification, drug
screen, and criminal background check.
- Ability to understand the information and reports available to
assist in managing assigned accounts, including Analysis and
Reporting Tool, Customer and Load/Route Management, Divisional
- Inquiry, and Customer Inquiry.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Ability to work independently and work effectively in a team
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of McLane
and specific customers; work schedules may include working early
mornings, overnight stays and driving long distances in order to
meet customer demands.
- Meet this position's physical demands which are classified
- Standing, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, grasping, and
periodically reaching above the head
- Exerting 15-20 pounds of force occasionally (activity or
condition exists up to 1/3 of the time)
- Exerting 5-10 pounds of force frequently (activity or condition
exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
- Exerting up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- The work conditions are primarily in a retail setting of a
customer store, vehicle, or occassionally in an office
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in
accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: McLane Company, Phoenix , Rep., Independent Sales, Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!