Senior Audit Manager - Training Team (Hybrid)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a Senior Audit Manager for our San
Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC
This is a hybrid role. USAA values a culture that is highly
collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps
employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in
the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused
results. The actual days onsite are settled between each employee
and the employee's manager. Relocation assistance is available.
This position is for a Senior Audit Manager role within the Audit
Services Training team within the Professional Practices Group
(PPG). The Audit Services Training team promotes programs that are
crucial in addressing skill gaps, driving individual employee
development, and supporting collective advancement of audit
knowledge. This position involves collaborating with all levels of
audit management and PPG to assess business and employee needs
related to training and utilizing internal audit knowledge to
influence all aspects of training development and delivery,
including course planning, design, development, implementation,
communication, evaluation, and reporting. This position will lead
large-scale training initiatives and deliverables and will
represent Audit Services needs with enterprise Learning and
Development.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Influences business and clients across the enterprise regarding
effective internal controls and mitigating risks across the full
Enterprise taxonomy and challenges business management to adopt
appropriate policies and procedures and effective controls designed
to mitigate risks.
- Leads audit engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements, specialized audits or business audits recognizing the
cross-matrixing and cross-functionality within the specialized
- Independently prepares, reviews, and leads continuous
monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and
- Ensures assigned audit engagements are completed objectively,
professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and
industry audit standards.
- Approves the engagement risk and control matrix and scope of
the audit for final review and approval by Audit Leadership.
- Proactively identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for
improvement in the current operating environment providing
recommendations for corrective action. Drafts the related audit
issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client
leadership conducting follow-up activities.
- Responsible for quality of audit reviews with final signoff of
work papers; proposes and/or recommends updates to the universe
risk assessment of the entity based on audit results.
- Leads team activities and provides feedback to the team on
audit activities related to planning and scoping, testing and
sampling methodology and testing conclusions that demonstrate
critical thinking ability.
- Builds and enhances client relationships across the
organization for areas of responsibility helping to drive strategic
objectives with the business.
- Communicates effectively with business/clients to include
delivering both risk-based and difficult messages. May be asked to
communicate with regulators and executive leaders.
- Provides recommendations on staffing assignments to audit
leadership and guidance to staff members.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors ensuring
timeliness and quality of audit engagement deliverables. May
deliver audit team end of engagement evaluations.
- Provides input into the creation of the internal audit universe
and audit entities risk profile. Updates universe risk assessment
information with current and applicable research and industry
- Participates in development of the Audit annual plan for
assigned areas of responsibility including proper assessment and
coverage of risks and emerging risks and assists with execution of
the annual plan.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience in Audit theory, internal
audit principles with demonstrated experience in audit examining,
analyzing, assessing, and drawing conclusions from audit work.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and influencing
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback
to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Experience in overseeing work with both internal and external
partners in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Experience in leading training development and delivery efforts
for a large financial service, insurance or related highly
- Experience working with leaders to determine training needs,
support idea generation for training course design and content,
develop training materials, and determine the best method for
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to impact and
- Experience leading cross functional teams and overseeing the
work of others in the delivery of a portfolio, including measuring
effectiveness and progress.
- 4+ years' experience in large retail bank internal audit
departments', or equivalent audit experience (federal regulator,
large accounting/consulting firm).
- Expert in-depth knowledge of IIA Standards and guidance,
audit-related regulatory guidance, and advanced knowledge of
internal controls and auditing techniques.
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including
- Preferred designations include CIA (Certified Internal
Auditor), CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CFSA
(Certified Financial Services Auditor) or other relevant business
designation.The above description reflects the details considered
necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should
not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA
has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing
ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the
salary range based on your experience and market position. The
salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300*( this does
not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors.*Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average.Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Phoenix , Senior Audit Manager - Training Team (Hybrid), Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!