Manager, District Sales
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job SummaryResponsible for driving and managing the successful
execution of sales strategies and plans for the district.
Orchestrate and direct resources to drive profitable sales revenue
and growth. Optimize sales effectiveness in partnership with other
district and region sales partners. Engage and inspire the team to
drive profitable business results. Monitor, analyze and report on
district sales results. Define and plan the district selling
organization to optimize resources. Facilitate the staffing
process; provide input to other channels on organizational needs,
associate actions, and sales team development. Sell to key district
customers. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Manages a sales territory and develops direct reports including
inside and outside sales, and special products sales. Actively
schedules sales meetings and events with specified accounts and
prospective accounts for the purpose of bidding jobs and securing
new business. Forecast and achieve budgeted sales targets for
assigned sales team.
- Manages selling and customer service activities, developing and
implementing sales and customer retention programs to optimize
sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction. Plan,
forecast and report on sales and competitor pricing, activity and
tactics. Promote market and technology research.
- Plans and implements district advertising and promotional
strategy and activities.
- May communicate and negotiate special pricing and product
availability with top vendors in district.
- Coach, motivate and develop team. Ensure team performs account
prospecting. Assign and reassign accounts as required to maximize
sales performance revenue. Conduct ride-along activities and work
with team to call on active customers and prospective
- Conducts ongoing recruitment and interviewing of candidates for
the purpose of acquiring talent to support the attainment of
business objectives. Responsible for succession planning
- Trains and provides coaching of sales associates in effective
selling processes and technique.Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.Work Environment
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicableEducation
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+
years experience in related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university and
10+ years industry sales experience.
- 5+ years experience with area customer base.
- Strong sales management background.
- Product knowledge.
- Supervisory experience. About Core & MainBased in St. Louis,
Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer, storm drain
and fire protection products in the United States. Operating
approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company combines local
expertise with a national supply chain to provide contractors and
municipalities innovative solutions for new construction and aging
infrastructure. Core & Main s 3,500 plus associates are committed
to the safe distribution of water and fire protection to help
communities thrive. Visit to learn more. Core & Main is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based
solely on a person s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate against
any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color,
religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability,
veteran status, pregnancy or related condition (including
breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, marital status, status with regard to public
assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by law. None
of the questions in this application are intended to elicit
information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any
limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon
non-job-related information or protected characteristics. For more
information, please click here or visit
Keywords: Core & Main, Phoenix , Manager, District Sales, Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!