Company: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Fortune Magazine Top Companies to Work For- 11 years in a
row!Why We're HereWe believe heartfelt, human connections make
people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.Our
founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
today.Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives
of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make
that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can
improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same
in return. It all starts with you.How We're DifferentOur San
Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick
started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.It
all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your
diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality -
is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when
people can be themselves at work, they shine.That's what we seek
out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for
creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told
what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion
for making others' lives better.It adds up to a work environment
that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering,
and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.What
You'll DoYou are hardworking with a real passion for crafting
quality dishes according to restaurant specifications. You love
maintaining and building sound working relationships with your
teammates. You'll act as an ambassador for the restaurant, be a
creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop
relationships with guests that will compel them to return.Some of
your responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent quality and presentation of all food to the
guests in a timely manner.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Item specifications, including preparation, execution, and
presentation will be provided to you.
- Know and comply consistently with standard portion size,
cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, policies and
- Prevent the spoiling and contamination of foods by implementing
proper sanitation practices while ensuring compliance with policy
and health regulations.
- Maintain a clean work station area including tables, shelves,
grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut-- burners, convection
oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of the pantry, cooking line, prep
kitchen, dish area, stairs, walk-in and prep area.
- Report any maintenance or repairs needed to the Executive
- Follow departmental policies as well as restaurant rules and
regulations set forth in the Employee Handbook and by
management.What You Bring
- 1 year of previous experience in restaurant and/or culinary
experience in a high volume, full service restaurant is
- Time management and organizational ability required for high
quality food production.
- Ability to work with minimal direction or supervision to
complete assigned tasks.
- Food Handler Certification (if applicable).
- Trained in knife skills and basic kitchen equipment usage.
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, and fast paced
- You're able to establish a positive rapport with many types of
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and
holidays when needed.Differences make a difference. We are
committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our
hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage
each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate
differences among people. That includes different personalities,
lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome
and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions,
physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and
genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.Be Yourself. Lead
Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels & Resturants, Phoenix , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!