Company: Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Fortune Magazine Top 100 Company to Work For- 11 years in a
row!Why We're HereWe believe heartfelt, human connections make
people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.Our
founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic
hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new
boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect,
from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose
today.Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives
of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make
that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can
improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same
in return. It all starts with you.How We're DifferentOur San
Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick
started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.It
all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your
diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality -
is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when
people can be themselves at work, they shine.That's what we seek
out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for
creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told
what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion
for making others' lives better.It adds up to a work environment
that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering,
and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.What
You'll DoAs the Housekeeping Supervisor, you'll be responsible for
inspecting and maintaining the cleanliness and physical condition
of the hotel guest rooms, meeting rooms, hallways, and public
areas. You'll maintain a positive and friendly attitude with all
guests and other employees to act as the communicator and liaison
between guests and cleaners.Some of your responsibilities
- Prepare inspection report with the status of all guest rooms at
the beginning of the shift. This includes all guest requests, out
of order rooms, and show rooms for the day.
- Inspect all guest check-out rooms for cleanliness, appropriate
guest amenities, and the correct working condition of room
- Report any substandard conditions or damage of the guest room
to the Housekeeping department.
- Evaluate room cleaners on their job performance according to
the hotel standards. When necessary, take appropriate action
(retraining, etc.) to ensure they are performing at a high quality
- Notify Front Desk of all vacant and clean rooms, completion of
guest requests, and room status discrepancies.
- The Front Desk will give you all room moves, late check-outs,
and additional guest requests for appropriate follow-up
- Answer the department telephone using friendly telephone
- You'll help guests with special requests, information, and
status of Lost & Found items.
- Check the hotel's PMS computer for information concerning room
status and to enter updated room status.
- Collect, log, and secure all lost and found items in a locked
cabinet, room cleaners' assignment sheets, secure floor keys and
office, lock office door.
- Confirm the work schedule for the following day with room
- Complete a written report of all room statuses for the Front
- File all daily reports in the file cabinet.What You Bring
- High School Diploma is preferred.
- 1 year of experience in customer service or similar role.
- Housekeeping supervisory or related job experience is
- Flexible schedule, able to work mornings, nights, holidays and
weekends when needed.Differences make a difference. We are
committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our
hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage
each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate
differences among people. That includes different personalities,
lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome
and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions,
physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and
genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.Be Yourself. Lead
Yourself. Make it Count.
Keywords: Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Phoenix , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!