Registered Nurse RN PCU Interventional
Company: Banner Health
Posted on: October 12, 2018
--- Banner Health invests in our nurses by training them to confidently and safely deliver excellent patient care. Banner Health is committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Great options and great opportunities. $5,000.00 Sign-on Incentive for RNs with a minimum of 12 months Progressive Care or PCU experience! Sign on incentive requires a 1 year commitment Banner Health's Thunderbird Medical Center is seeking a Registered Nurse for their Progressive Care / Telemetry Unit. This is our 5th Floor CHF/Renal Floor. Telemetry experience is preferred, however, we will consider all areas of nursing and train a new to service nurse. Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life. If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please apply to our New Nurse Experience openings. --- About Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterNonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird. About Banner HealthBanner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. --- Job SummaryThis position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients. Essential Functions
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Reviews diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and as outlined in policy.
- Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goals for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient in the plan of are. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing patient needs based on evaluation of the patients status.
- Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
- Evaluates the patient's and family's response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient's response and the effectiveness of patient teaching.
- Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record. Documentation is legible, timely and in accordance with policy. Documentation reflects objective/subjective data, nursing interventions and patients response to treatment. Notes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
- Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
- In some roles, this position may supervise staff and work flow of the department. Minimum QualificationsMust possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel acute care positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area. Banner Registry and Travel physician practice positions require a minimum of one year experience as a Registered Nurse in a physician practice or an acute care setting.Preferred QualificationsBachelors degree preferred.Professional certification preferred.Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Keywords: Banner Health, Phoenix , Registered Nurse RN PCU Interventional, Healthcare , Glendale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!