Registered Respiratory Therapy
Company: Banner Health
Posted on: September 15, 2018
--- At Banner Health, we understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our more than 50,000 employees many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our employees. Our Respiratory Care team provides care 24/7 for patients requiring services ranging from simple oxygen therapy to advanced ventilator support. The department also performs diagnostic testing and emergency medical support including CPR. The department also staffs the facility Vascular Access Team. Our facility was named to the list of 100 Great Hospitals in America. We are also a Magnet facility, Academic Medical Center, Level 1 Trauma Center and Designated Stroke Center. Associate or technical degree, completion of National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). AZ RRT license, Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required, ACLS preferred. If you are ready for a great challenge and the opportunity to work with an excellent team with high acuity and diverse patient population, this is the place for you! We look forward to reviewing your application. Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life. --- About Banner - University Medical Center PhoenixBanner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet--- recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built. About Banner HealthBanner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. --- Job SummaryThis position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing to patients in a variety of health care settings. Essential Functions
- Performs all basic modalities of respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
- Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs pulmonary and cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Performs patient assessments and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians regarding the plan of care, appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
- Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems.
- May supervise department staff. Minimum QualificationsAssociate or technical degreeProof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 1 year of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel. Preferred QualificationsAdditional related education and/or experience preferred.
Keywords: Banner Health, Phoenix , Registered Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!