Travel Nurse RN - Telemetry - COVID19 - $1,800 per week
Company: Quality Clinicians
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Quality Clinicians is seeking a travel nurse RN Telemetry for a
travel nursing job in Phoenix, Arizona.Job Description &
LEVEL 1 TRAUMA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Candidate cannot have worked in Arizona for the past 12 months/one year as a permanent staff employee and does not have a currently active position at an acute care hospital or hospital system in Arizona (meaning even staff PRN). Please Note: The travelers permanent address does not matter as long as they have not held a perm position with an AZ facility in the last 12 months.
candidate is required to pass DYS exam PRIOR to accepting. 2 attempts
SIMs Lab: All RNs will be expected to complete SIMs Lab for Foley catheter insertion & central line dressing changes, with the exception of NyICU & ED. NyICU only has to do Foley catheter insertion. ED does Foley catheter insertion but does port-a-cath insertion instead of central line dressing change. This is for travelers going to St. Joseph main campus &/or St. Joseph Westgate campus. NOTE - SIMs lab is pass/fail & nurses have been termed during SIMs Lab for breaking sterile field. Those travelers that understand sterile field typically pass SIMs Lab skills (See separate notes for the specific checklist IF traveler asks for additional details). The hospital expects that every nurse is competent in these areas, especially maintaining sterile field, as these are nursing skills that are performed frequently. NOTE: if a candidate indicates that they are not competent in either of these areas, they are probably not a good fit. In addition to SIMs Lab, they will also go through lifts, restraints, & wound care, but these are just educational based since the equipment & policies can be different facility to facility.
- Unit: Neuro Acute 6NNA/B
- # beds: 48 total - 10 epilepsy specialty rooms
- Certs: BLS, ACLS required, BSN preferred. Certified in Med Surg/Tele preferred. Must have minimum 2 years experience.
- Ratios: 1:4 days and nights.
- Charge Nurse: Yes, no patient assignment. Also 1 resource RN day and night.
- Nurse Aides: PCT 1-2 on days, 1 at night.
- Weekend Requirement: 3 shifts in a 4 week period. Self scheduling.
- Holidays: Work into holiday rotation.
- Scrub Color: Greys anatomy / steel.
- Tele: Mainly MedSurg but some Tele is required as well
- Vents: Bipap, RT to manage
- Hospitalist or Intensivist in house: Yes, present during days.
- IV Team: SWAT RN available for difficult IV sticks.
- RT 24/7: Yes
- Pharmacy 24/7: Yes
- Shifts: 7-7, 12 hr shifts
- Floating: Possibly to Med surg/Tele floors
- Floor specific orientation: 2 shifts on the floor.
- Common diagnosis / Types of patients: Epilepsy, 24-48 Trend EEGs, Brain tumor, Subdural hematoma, scoliosis surgeries, TBI, Neuro dx.
- Additional Notes: Must have strong critical thinking and assessment skills, detect small changes in patients. MedSurg/Tele RN with strong skills will be trained to assess crani nerves. Utilize self releasing velcro seat belts (not a restraint).
Cancellation Policy:Hospital may cancel up to 3 times per contract. Each cancellation could be a full shift or any part of a shift. (Hospital may also pay full hours for a particular shift, in lieu of cancellation).
License to Submit:Yes, willing to wait
Shift Notes:12 hour nights, 4 weekend shifts per 4 weeks
Required Certifications:ACLS, BLS, COVID Vaccine RequiredQuality Clinicians Job ID #d537386. Pay package is based on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be determined.About Quality CliniciansWe are travelers building the kind of agency we always wanted, while still working assignments.We are transparent. Our clinicians are just as important to us as our customers.We only hire clinicians we'd be glad to work with on the same unit. If approved, you will get your own admin dedicated to helping you with everything before, during, and after each assignment for your entire time with us.--
Quality Clinicians is seeking a travel nurse RN Telemetry for a travel nursing job in Phoenix, Arizona.Job Description & Requirements
Keywords: Quality Clinicians, Phoenix , Travel Nurse RN - Telemetry - COVID19 - $1,800 per week, Healthcare , Phoenix, Arizona
here to apply!