Family Nurse Practitioner
Company: Southwest Center for HIV AIDS INC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Description:The Southwest Center is searching for a full-time
Family Nurse Practitioner to join our team to provide affordable
primary healthcare and wellness for Queer and LGBTQIA2S+ people.
The Family Nurse Practitioner is an integral part of our team
responsible for providing patient centered healthcare to
individuals and families at our Phoenix clinic. At Southwest
Center, you'll focus on health promotion and disease prevention in
an inclusive environment.
We offer a $3,000 signing bonus that is paid in-full on your second
check after starting with us!
What your day will look like at Southwest Center:
- Provide quality general internal medicine, family medicine and
pediatric medical care to patients including primary care, HIV
medication management, HRT prescribing/monitoring and PrEP
prescribing/monitoring by following the most current evidence-based
guideline and procedure of practice.
- Function independently to perform age-appropriate medical
history and develop an appropriate assessment and plan of care in
the direct management of patients with acute and chronic illness
and for health maintenance/screening exams.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members by making
appropriate internal/external referrals to behavioral health,
Prevention Specialists, and medical case management as
- 36 hours of patient visits per week; 2.0 visits per hour
- Participate in Southwest Center Integrated Care Team meetings
to promote integration of patient care to foster optimum patient
- Represent Wellness program in local/national media and
community events that promote the awareness and utilization of SWC
- Participate in development of internal and external marketing
materials to educate and promote wellness services offered. We've
got great benefits:
- 200 hours of PTO per year
- 13 paid holidays per year
- $1500 per year for CMEs
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance paid by Southwest
- Retirement savingsRequirements:Who we're looking for:
- You possess a current and valid Arizona license from the State
Board of Nursing for Advanced Nursing Practice and maintain
- You meet all clinical obligations of the medical practice:
accrediting agency compliance (AANP or ANCC), CLIA compliance, drug
prescription compliance including DEA certification, HIPAA, state
and federal regulations, safety regulations, continuing education,
and training to keep abreast of current developments in the
- You are credentialed with AHCCCS and major health insurance
- You have a current CPR & ACLS certification.
- You work effectively in a mission-driven agency whose clients
and staff exhibit significant diversity with respect to race,
ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic
status, nationality, and religion.
- You're eager to work in a sex positive, stigma-free healthcare
environment.We'd love to see you apply if you have these preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- You have an understanding of HIV disease and HIV related
primary care, PrEP/PEP, and HRT.
- You possess AAHIVM accreditation.
- You have personal or professional experience regarding members
of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender
communities.Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical
- May require evening and occasional weekend work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to walk, sit, stand; use hands, talk, and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- This position may require the employee to occasionally climb,
balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, or crawl.
- This position must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds and assist
- Requires operating standard office equipment (i.e. telephone,
computer, fax machine, copier, etc.).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint) software applications and competent in using electronic
medical records and information systems in providing effective
documentation of patient care.Equal Employment OpportunityThe
Southwest Center maintains a healthy work environment free from
harassment and discrimination based on sexual, racial, age-based,
religious, ethnic, disability, family status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression. All recruitment and retention
decisions are guided by this policy.
Keywords: Southwest Center for HIV AIDS INC, Phoenix , Family Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...