Infusion RN- PRN OCC N PHX
Company: Cancer Treatment Centers of America
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Infusion RN- PRN OCC N PHX
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America - (CTCA), part of City of Hope,
takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our
patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to
personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the
needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support
patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help
them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their
physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to
stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core
of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard -
of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients,
and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated.
This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to
Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a
stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Provides the Mother Standard of Care to oncology patients across
the adult and geriatric spectrum. An Individualized plan of care is
developed and implemented; utilizing the nursing process, including
assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation.
Responsible for inspiring and guiding other qualified patient care
team members to ensure enhanced outcomes through effective
delegation in the exercise of his/her independent judgment. Nursing
care addresses physical, spiritual, emotional and educational needs
of the patient, and coordinates the plan of care with other
healthcare professionals, support persons and all members of the
* Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents the care of
ambulatory patients. Directs the care delivered by Medical
Assistants and other members of the healthcare team. Demonstrates
high aptitude and ability to function independently while
performing patient care in accordance with provider orders.
* Implements and manages care.
* Care provided conforms to accepted practice standards (ONS and
Intravenous Nursing Society).
* Provides treatments/procedures and other care as prescribed and
according to patient care standards and plan of care.
* Demonstrates understanding of age-related characteristics and
needs of patients served.
* Explains nursing procedures.
* Provides discharge teaching.
* Identifies emergency situations and independently initiates
* Acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other
health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures
* Understands and demonstrates respect for patient rights and
utilizes established mechanisms for management of ethical issues in
* Consultant to the healthcare profession, patient or caregiver
regarding patient advocacy and delivery of safe, competent, and
quality nursing care
* Performs handoff communication as appropriate.
* Administer medications, chemotherapy, IV fluids and blood
products safely and per policy
* Demonstrates effective communication skills to manage complex
patient and family needs.
* Conducts and reinforces patient education, including: treatment
plan/regimen, financial implications of care, symptom management,
side effects, patient family responsibilities related to self-care,
available resources at home or at facility.
* Assists in the on-boarding of new stakeholders with a positive
and inclusive attitude reflective of CTCA values.
* Maintains required competencies.
* Delegates tasks according to the Arizona Nurse Practice Act and
* Collaborates with other disciplines as applicable.
INFUSION RN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Infusion nurse initiates, monitors, and completes
intravenous/intramuscular therapies, including chemotherapy,
immunotherapy, blood products, pre-meds and hydration.
* Ability to care for patients with IV lines, central lines and
* Administer and monitor blood products safely.
* Demonstrates competence in chemotherapy administration through
* Ability to assess and recognize normal/abnormal responses to
treatments and institute appropriate interventions.
* Demonstrates skills to assess and intervene in life-threatening
* Administer medications via all routes, using the 6 rights,
medication bar scanner and monitoring patient for side effects.
* Ability to collect blood specimens and blood cultures.
Experience: 1 year experience in area, 2 years' experience in area
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN), Bachelor of Science
in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licensure: Registered Nurse, Arizona
Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification-an approved
American Heart Association (AHA) training site, American Safety &
Health Institute, or Red Cross BLS certification is required upon
* If their current certification does not meet the guidelines,
stakeholders will have (30) days from the date of hire to acquire
attend an onsite initial BLS course and will be required to renew
every two years.
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), National Certification in specialty
Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Fundamentals of Chemotherapy
Immunotherapy Administration Card within 30 days of hire and
renewal every two years.
Special Skills: Oncology
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true
difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a
challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you
may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings
his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive
training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If
you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a
passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Keywords: Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Phoenix , Infusion RN- PRN OCC N PHX, Healthcare , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!