MBH - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Wickenburg
Company: ALITA CARE
Posted on: January 25, 2023
MBH - The Meadows of Wickenburg - Wickenburg, AZ
This is where you change your story...
At Meadows we understand that new directions to career advancing
and improvement can be scary, but we are excited to offer you a
possible new rewarding chapter with us! Come join us in
Who are we?
We have been the most trusted name in the industry and have been
helping people for 40 years. Our approach is different and success
stories of our patients prove that. We don't have one size fits all
treatment and there are no quick fixes.
Who are you?
Are you compassionate, innovative and have a passion to make an
impact? Are you looking to get your foot in the door with a company
that will believe in your abilities and train you to advance? 75%
of our current top-level executive staff are organic internal
promotions from within.
We might be a perfect fit for you!
Provides psychiatric services to assigned patients. Provides
quality patient care in a supportive and empathetic manner to
ensure a safe environment. Comfortable with ages served per program
- Completes a Psychiatric Evaluation on all assigned patients
within 72 hours of admission (including submitting dictation /
- Evaluate patients' clinical and medical appropriateness for
transfer and /or discharge.
- Completes psychiatric assessment and mental status assessments
of patients as requested.
- Documents all meetings with patients in process notes within 24
hours of meeting. Completes all documentation, maintaining
compliance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Consults with patients in support and interpretation of the
treatment plan and treatment team decisions.
- Prescribe medication appropriate to the patient within the
policies and practices of the Company. Works with the treatment
team to minimize the use of psychotropic medication with a focus on
removing patients from controlled or addictive medication if
- Reviews all non-psychiatric medical orders and prescriptions
and consults with prescribers as required.
- Communicate risks, benefits and side effects of psychiatric
medication to patients and documents such education in the progress
- Attends treatment team meetings and provides consultation
regarding medications and psychiatric issues.
- Determines a psychiatric diagnosis per DSM-V or subsequent
publication and documents the diagnosis in the patient's medical
record within 24 hours of admission. Clarifies diagnosis on an
on-going basis, specifically addressing rule outs and other
diagnosis in treatment team meetings.
- Takes call Monday through Friday for psychiatric issues
involving assigned patients. Takes weekend call for all patients in
accordance with the current call schedule.
- May provide emergency psychiatric consultation by telephone
seven days per week, twenty-four hours per day, except during
periods of scheduled time off. Responds to calls promptly and
- May complete insurance appeal letters in coordination with
- May conduct Doc-to-Doc reviews with insurance representatives
in accordance with the insurance company's timeline
- Works with Medical Records on "Return to Work" forms and
letters, disability forms and letters and FMLA paperwork for
- Graduation from an approved Nurse Practitioner Program
- Licensed with the Arizona Board of Nursing
- Must have a DEA Number
- CPR and CPI certified
- Three years experience in chemical dependency or eating
- Two years experience with patient population served
- Meets active staff credentialing.
We are a Drug Free Company. All positions are designated as "Safety
Sensitive" positions and in light of our company mission, the
Company does not employ medical marijuana cardholders. Following an
offer of employment, and prior to reporting to work, all applicants
will be required to submit to and pass a substance abuse
The Meadows is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified candidates will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state
or local laws. The Meadows provides reasonable accommodations to
individuals with disabilities and if you need reasonable
accommodation during any time of the employment process, please
Keywords: ALITA CARE, Phoenix , MBH - Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Wickenburg, Healthcare , Wickenburg, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!