Company: Northern Arizona Healthcare
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Palliative Care Social Worker is responsible for participating
in interdisciplinary care of patients and their families with
complex medical and social needs. The Social Worker collaborates
with the rest of the team to identify, assess, plan, implement,
coordinate, monitor and evaluate options and services to meet the
complex needs of patients. This includes addressing emotional,
psychological, social and financial concerns and coordinating a
plan of care to address patient/family needs.
Patient Care* Utilizes knowledge of clinically appropriate
treatment theories in the patient and family assessment
* Conducts comprehensive individual and family assessments to
identify and prioritize needs to be addressed.
* Elicit information about patient and family strengths and culture
so the plan of care can be individualized.
* Assists in the development of individualized plans of care with
clear and measurable goals and objectives.
* Provides patients and family members appropriate psycho-education
based on identified needs.
* Provides emotional support to patients and family members.
* Stabilizes patients who are in crisis.
* Emotionally supports patient and family during time of loss.
* Supports patients and families as they transition through the
continuum of care.
* Provides leadership to quality improvement efforts.
* Assists with the mitigation of risk for readmission when patients
have multiple and complex needs.
* Maintains general knowledge of disease processes.
* Maintains knowledge and educates the end of life process to
Coordination of Care* Establishes rapport with patients, family
members and other professionals as the initial step toward
partnership in the plan of care development.
* Provides leadership in the multi-disciplinary team.
* Provides consultation to members of the care team in managing
* Develops and maintains effective working relationships with
staff, other departments, system administration/leadership and
community organizations to promote a positive image, heighten
awareness and promote collaboration.
* Conducts, plans, and coordinates discharge planning for all
hospice discharge patients.
Communication and Documentation* Solves complex problems by
conducting a thorough analysis, brainstorms multiple potential
solutions and selects and implements the solution which has the
best fit and therefore the greatest likelihood of producing the
* Communicates and documents assessment, plan of care and/or
* Accurately prepares documentation utilizing the electronic
* Communicates patient and family needs with the primary care team
and care coordination.
Community Resources* Connect patients and family members with
community service providers and other community resources.
* Coordinates care with insurance companies, managed care entities
and other community partners.
Compliance/Safety* Responsible for reporting any safety-related
incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends
all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe
manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and
ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal
regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the
employee's area of responsibility.
* If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or
licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific
training in the specified time frame.
* Involves law enforcement, Department of Children's Services or
Adult Protective Services as appropriate to assist in addressing
patient safety issues.
* Collaborates with Compliance department when appropriate.
* Responsible for coordinating complex Guardianship cases.
Master's of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work-
Certificates and Licensure
Medical social work experience- Preferred
Case Management experience- Preferred
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is
integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and
other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and
throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding
of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software
Keywords: Northern Arizona Healthcare, Phoenix , Social Worker, Healthcare , Cottonwood, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!