RN Charge Nurse
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The ChargeNurse works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Behavioral Health
Clinical Model.**This position offers a $5,000 sign on
- Supervises LVN/LPN staff on shift and delegates/assigns
responsibilities as needed.
- Meets with each potential new admission and completes medical
screening assessment. Screens for medical appropriateness for
admission to facility and consults with the physician.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and full medical admission
process upon admission for each client.
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Develops and initiates the Nursing Care Plan.
- Implements Physician orders.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Meets regularly with medical staff to discuss resident
- Provides assessment of medical problems as needed.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs basic evaluative procedures and tests.
- Performs blood draws.
- Maintains NG tube when needed.
- Completing waived test for glucose monitoring, UA, Drug screen,
- Provides health education to residents and staff.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Conducts a weekly chart audit to ensure all medications have
consent forms. Ensures all orders are carried out and documented
appropriately for each client, all labs are in the clients
- Manages clients medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Bachelor of Science and Nursing preferred, ADN (Associate
Degree in Nursing) accepted
- Holds a current RN license in good standing
- One year experience preferred working in mental health,
counseling, or eating disorders field
- Ability to draw blood required
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire.
- Must possess a current Drivers License in good standing.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Charge Nurse, Location: Higley, AZ - 85236 , PL:
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Phoenix , RN Charge Nurse, Healthcare , Higley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!