PA or NP Outpatient Community Internal Medicine
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Why Mayo Clinic Imagine yourself in a dynamic atmosphere where
you'll work alongside world-renowned experts, learn new things
every day, treat conditions that few medical professionals ever
encounter, and have a vast range of career paths to choose from.
Now imagine that in addition to all this, you have the chance to
change lives every day. That's what it means to be a Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant at Mayo Clinic.Join the
authority in medicine and partner with the nation's best hospital
(U.S. News & World Report 2021-2022), ranked #1 in more specialties
than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we believe there is a
better path to healing that humanizes the practice of health care
and inspires hope in the people who need it most. You will be part
of an amazing diverse team committed to solving the most serious
and complex medical challenges - one patient at a time.Mayo Clinic
offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional information
please visit Mayo Clinic Benefits. Eligibility may vary.Position
descriptionCommunity Internal Medicine department of Mayo Clinic
Arizona is a large outpatient department on our Scottsdale campus.
We practice team based model of care within our department but
provider will have assigned panel of patients as well. Duties will
include evaluation and medical management of patients ages 18-100+
with various medical conditions including acute and chronic
conditions and a very large geriatric population. Additional duties
include pre surgical evaluations, well visits, women's health,
Medicare wellness exams, and sports physicals. Provider will order
testing, consultations and work closely with other specialty
physicians in the management of the patient populations. Mayo
Clinic provides ample opportunities for continuous training,
support, and education to further providers practice and career
goals.Level II Requirements:In addition to the above requirements,
must meet two to four of the following:
- Spends at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds,
service, or shift work).
- Performs specialized procedure(s).
- Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least
50% of days worked.
- Spends at least 10% of days as First Assist in surgery.
- Takes call assignments (Primary and/or ED).
- Provides Weekend/Holiday Service.Qualifications Nurse
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- Current RN license, Advanced Practice Certificate, and
Prescribing and Dispensing Certificate in Arizona
- FNP by an approved certifying organization
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hirePhysician
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the
State of Arizona.Additional qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to
unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record
preferred.License or certification
- Must have Arizona licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant under the supervision of a Mayo Clinic
physician upon hire.
- Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon
hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain
certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must
be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic
Life Support (BLS) competency.Exemption status ExemptCompensation
Detail Education, experience and tenure may be considered along
with internal equity when job offers are extended.Benefits eligible
YesSchedule Full TimeHours / Pay period 80Schedule details Monday
through Friday typically 8-5Weekend schedule Occasional on call for
phone only. Provider will alternate night call with the other 21
providers in the community internal medicine department plus the
providers in the women's health department. There is a small
additional compensation per hour of on-call time. This is phone
on-call duty only without requirement to be called into the
facilty. We do have triage nurses that phone calls go to first and
they only page providers for things that are truly
needed/appropriate prior to next regular business
hours.International Assignment NoSite description Over the next
four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant investments in both
the physical and technological future of health care, through
doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in Phoenix, inclusive
of practice, education, and research activities. Mayo Clinic's
campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and Scottsdale, in the
beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as the Valley of the
Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million residents in 25
cities and towns.With Phoenix being the sixth largest city in the
nation, this sunny "desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a
big city in the midst of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest
landscape.Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable
place to live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a
vibrant mix of culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment,
professional and collegiate sports teams, and community resources.
The region's desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a
full complement of sports and recreation.Recruiter Latasha
PerkinsEOE As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Mayo Clinic is committed to creating an inclusive environment that
values the diversity of its employees and does not discriminate
against any employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans,
people from the LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable
accommodations to access job openings or to apply for a job are
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Phoenix , PA or NP Outpatient Community Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Phoenix, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!